Ricciardi's Italian Restaurant ...ugh

Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2016, 09:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

In my Google Newsfeed an article from The Exception Magazine, which is published in Portland Maine, listed the top ten Diners and Cafe's for Hardcore Foodies in TV. Ricciardi's was number 7, City Fire was number 9. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. If you want to read it you can find it through Google search.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-09-2016, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
In my Google Newsfeed an article from The Exception Magazine, which is published in Portland Maine, listed the top ten Diners and Cafe's for Hardcore Foodies in TV. Ricciardi's was number 7, City Fire was number 9. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. If you want to read it you can find it through Google search.
I must take exception with The Exception Magazine. First of all Wikipedia describes them as "The Exception Magazine is an online news magazine that covers Maine. It is headquartered in Portland, Maine." Why should I trust a magazine about Maine to tell me about the restaurants in The Villages?

My search for their reviews of restaurants in TV resulted in four different listings listed below in addition to the article noted in the quoted post. One of them begins with the statement "The Villages, Florida simply has the best grub joints in the country. Don’t believe us? They will cause chaos in your stomach because you will stuff yourself to sleep." That statement is absurd! All of the lists are fairly recent also based upon the restaurants listed.

We have lived in TV for just over six years and have eaten in over 270 different restaurants, many more than once, in that time. While we do enjoy many of the restaurants in TV, there are many, many options within a 90 minute drive and many are better than ANY of TV restaurants.

The Exception Magazine articles I found. There may be more:

13 Destinations for a Fun Time in The Villages, Florida

9 Swank Restaurants for Business Travelers of The Villages, Florida

12 Stunning Restaurants to Understand Life In The Villages, Florida

10 Dining Destinations That Turn Food Into Art in The Villages, Florida

Not to praise or criticize Carrabba's, but do they really fit into all four of these categories?
Old 09-10-2016, 12:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
I must take exception with The Exception Magazine. First of all Wikipedia describes them as "The Exception Magazine is an online news magazine that covers Maine. It is headquartered in Portland, Maine." Why should I trust a magazine about Maine to tell me about the restaurants in The Villages?

My search for their reviews of restaurants in TV resulted in four different listings listed below in addition to the article noted in the quoted post. One of them begins with the statement "The Villages, Florida simply has the best grub joints in the country. Don’t believe us? They will cause chaos in your stomach because you will stuff yourself to sleep." That statement is absurd! All of the lists are fairly recent also based upon the restaurants listed.

We have lived in TV for just over six years and have eaten in over 270 different restaurants, many more than once, in that time. While we do enjoy many of the restaurants in TV, there are many, many options within a 90 minute drive and many are better than ANY of TV restaurants.

The Exception Magazine articles I found. There may be more:

13 Destinations for a Fun Time in The Villages, Florida

9 Swank Restaurants for Business Travelers of The Villages, Florida

12 Stunning Restaurants to Understand Life In The Villages, Florida

10 Dining Destinations That Turn Food Into Art in The Villages, Florida

Not to praise or criticize Carrabba's, but do they really fit into all four of these categories?

As I said, everyone has their opinion. Food is a personal choice, and one person's tastes shouldn't be the benchmark for everyone. You enjoy Carrabba's and that's great then you should eat there. Those the don't like Carrabba's should go somewhere else (yeah I know a few that don't). My point was that Exception Magazine was just one more opinion....nothing more.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:59 PM
Veteran member

We go to Ricciardi's Bloody Mary Bar on Sunday's. It is great with a breakfast pizza. Try it ! Love their Bolognese sauce. No complaints here !

Old 09-11-2016, 01:14 PM
Platinum member

Give me a break! Exception "Magazine" is nothing more than an ad mill. All the listings are not opinions - they're just ads.

And what exactly does "12 Stunning Restaurants to Understand Life In The Villages, Florida" mean? You eat at Carrabba's and you have better understanding of what?

Besides, all their categories have the same winners.

Even YELP accepts reviews from the restaurant owner and his/her competitor. So you don't know what's real and what's made up. It's pretty worthless. I've seen YELP reviews on restaurants that were not even open yet. !!!

The internet is no longer an information channel - it's a big advertising channel.

Skip
Old 09-11-2016, 05:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Give me a break! Exception "Magazine" is nothing more than an ad mill. All the listings are not opinions - they're just ads.

And what exactly does "12 Stunning Restaurants to Understand Life In The Villages, Florida" mean? You eat at Carrabba's and you have better understanding of what?

Besides, all their categories have the same winners.

Even YELP accepts reviews from the restaurant owner and his/her competitor. So you don't know what's real and what's made up. It's pretty worthless. I've seen YELP reviews on restaurants that were not even open yet. !!!

The internet is no longer an information channel - it's a big advertising channel.

Skip
Don't disagree but no worse than posters on here telling Villagers what they should consider a good place to eat and tearing down an establishement because they don't like it. As I said earlier, we can make our own decisions and should.

Old 09-11-2016, 10:00 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

THANK YOU!!! Great post. I've taken my grandchildren to Riccardi's to "make their own pizza." It's their "go to" place in The Villages. What great memories. I have also had good meals at Riccardi's. Love the Brownwood location.
I just get tired of people who are self-proclaimed experts.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:27 AM
Thumbs down Double Billed

dupl post

Last edited by BLUSH; 11-02-2016 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:31 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUSH View Post
We ate here 5 days ago - were double billed - spoke to manager and he said there were several of us - as of yet, no refund. Not a good way to do business.
Double billed??.........did you give them too much cash??....did you sign a credit card slip for twice the amount?? How did they double bill you without you knowing it??

If it shows up on your CC statement as a double bill, your CC company can reject the charge.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:41 AM

dupl post

Last edited by BLUSH; 11-02-2016 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:47 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
It was a debit card - it cleared twice. I brought him my on line statement. The manager and he said it was a "firewall" issue. Wish I had used a credit card. He admitted there were several of these, and they were "hoping" to reimburse everyone ......
Have your bank reject it. You are not responsible for unauthorized debits.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:58 AM

I will call them - I'm disappointed that I have to do that though.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I've used my credit/debit card everywhere in my hometown area for decades. Never had a problem, ever. I'm astounded with the amount of people and the amount of businesses that can't process an electronic transaction without some type of screwup. Whether it be criminal or not. I'll only go electronic in and around TV at a major retailer like Target or Walmart etc. etc.
It may be inconvenient carrying cash but it sure beats the hassle dealing with banks and non responsive retailers !
Old 11-02-2016, 10:12 AM

Quote:
The manager and he said it was a "firewall" issue.

That is a 100% lie as a firewall does NOT store data. I would call the police.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:13 AM

We ate there about 6 months ago and really enjoyed our meals and the service was very good. Hope nothing has changed
Closed Thread

Tags
italian, restaurant, worst, joe, food

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.