Ricciardi's Italian Table in Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2016, 05:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Your not Italian? Sorry, the discussion is now over.

Lol
Old 05-09-2016, 05:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Lol

I'm staying out of this. I'm an Italian from Boston. I've found things I like or don't care for in most restaurants. Usually it's a matter of personal taste.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:26 PM
Sage

I'm on the the opinion a lot of the posters on this thread must really like Chef Boyardee
Old 05-09-2016, 05:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I remember when they opened and I looked at their website. Before this place, they owned and operated something like 5 pizza carry outs in the Orlando area. So this was like their first attempt at a real sit down restaurant. We tried the pizza twice and it wasn't bad, but I believe they only offered one size for $10. It was too big for one person and too small for two. Maybe they have changed since then. I always like Giovannis at Southern Trace between Ace Hardware and Publix, in fact ate there this week. Their prices are unreal. For lunch a plate of spaghetti with meat sauce, a nice salad and garlic bread is about $6.95.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
I'm staying out of this. I'm an Italian from Boston. I've found things I like or don't care for in most restaurants. Usually it's a matter of personal taste.
It's Prince spaghetti day !
Old 05-09-2016, 05:36 PM
Sage

The trick with all restaurants is to find the items they do well at a good price. Sort of like buying wine; the trick is to get something you really like at a good price. I haven't been there yet. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I remember when they opened and I looked at their website. Before this place, they owned and operated something like 5 pizza carry outs in the Orlando area. So this was like their first attempt at a real sit down restaurant. We tried the pizza twice and it wasn't bad, but I believe they only offered one size for $10. It was too big for one person and too small for two. Maybe they have changed since then. I always like Giovannis at Southern Trace between Ace Hardware and Publix, in fact ate there this week. Their prices are unreal. For lunch a plate of spaghetti with meat sauce, a nice salad and garlic bread is about $6.95.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
So.............EVERYTHING is better in NY and the rest of the world is ignorant? Why do NY'ers move away from such a paradise?
Because when we got here we made our own paradise amongst all the New Yorkers here
Old 05-09-2016, 05:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
So.............EVERYTHING is better in NY and the rest of the world is ignorant? Why do NY'ers move away from such a paradise?
Too many tourists?
Old 05-09-2016, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
I'm accustomed to good Italian food by way of marriage and living near NYC. Ricciardi's isn't the best, but it ain't that bad.
Mamma Mia! I had pizza when I was in TV it really was poor. I kept the location to myself maybe they just had a bad day. You know how hard it is to run a small business no less a restaurant? Everything is always better where we came from, it's a proper observation to say go back if it's so good. The longer you are involved in TOTV you realize who is talking out of their butt and finds fault with everything and those that have a legit negative observation. We in NJ are not all pinheads. I can see how we get negative reviews from others. Being direct like RickeyD is good, being a braggart isn't. Act Accordingly.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Gold member

We have have many wonderful meals at Riccardi's.
No it is not NY Italian, but "Hello! you are not in NY" so why even make that comparison?
If you don't care for their food, go elsewhere! More room for those of us who choose to enjoy their great menu!
Old 05-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
It's Prince spaghetti day !

That's on Wednesday, Anthony!
Old 05-09-2016, 06:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,125 Times in 2,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
We have have many wonderful meals at Riccardi's.
No it is not NY Italian, but "Hello! you are not in NY" so why even make that comparison?
If you don't care for their food, go elsewhere! More room for those of us who choose to enjoy their great menu!
We agree completely, have had several good to very good meals, have had guests and friends there and all enjoyed the meals.
To each his/her own, and thank you for the extra tables.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Mamma Mia! I had pizza when I was in TV it really was poor. I kept the location to myself maybe they just had a bad day. You know how hard it is to run a small business no less a restaurant? Everything is always better where we came from, it's a proper observation to say go back if it's so good. The longer you are involved in TOTV you realize who is talking out of their butt and finds fault with everything and those that have a legit negative observation. We in NJ are not all pinheads. I can see how we get negative reviews from others. Being direct like RickeyD is good, being a braggart isn't. Act Accordingly.
The BEST pizza is the kind we grew up with Nucky and most of us feel homesick for our remembered wonderful kind and it will be argued that is thick or thin crust, sugar or no sugar in the sauce, cheese over or under the sauce etc. etc. etc. I know in my heart that my longing for LaRosa's pizza will only be satisfied when I cross the bridge over the old muddy when we return to Ohio.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

So what is the percentage of people who say this restaurant is pretty good? A very high percentage, can we agree on that? Take the main source of the criticism with a grain of salt...or a pinch of salt.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
So what is the percentage of people who say this restaurant is pretty good? A very high percentage, can we agree on that? Take the main source of the criticism with a grain of salt...or a pinch of salt.
We went there once about six months ago. It was good. I had a chicken parmesan submarine sandwich as did my older brother. Very large sandwich.
Closed Thread

Tags
margaritas, ricciardis, back, pizza, proper

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.