Ricciardi's review

Closed Thread
Old 11-20-2015, 10:03 PM
Default Ricciardi's review

Four of us had dinner at Ricciardi's last night. This was not our first time but it might be our last. The only decent dinner out of the four was the chicken marsala. I had fettuccine alfredo and it had "0" flavor to it. The tortellini with garlic sauce looked like it was served in a very watery sauce with no flavor. The rigatoni and sausage was overcooked and tasted average at best. Our waiter was great and tried to get someone to help him like the manager but to no avail. We saw the manager several times but he failed to come over to our table. Maybe he has been neutered - I don't know. I guess if you want good Italian food you should go to Chef's of Napoli.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:22 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchiava1 View Post
Four of us had dinner at Ricciardi's last night. This was not our first time but it might be our last. The only decent dinner out of the four was the chicken marsala. I had fettuccine alfredo and it had "0" flavor to it. The tortellini with garlic sauce looked like it was served in a very watery sauce with no flavor. The rigatoni and sausage was overcooked and tasted average at best. Our waiter was great and tried to get someone to help him like the manager but to no avail. We saw the manager several times but he failed to come over to our table. Maybe he has been neutered - I don't know. I guess if you want good Italian food you should go to Chef's of Napoli.
If the food was bland and watery maybe the chef had been been the one fixed. Did I just say that? Thinking aloud again!
Old 11-21-2015, 12:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Bad management remains bad and count on folks not seeking them out.
Richiardi's is supposedly family owned and certainly sounds like, based on many similar posts, they are uninvolved, uninformed or are and do not care!

It is so simple to have a successful place for good food.

Too bad. I hope more people seek out the owners. I think they have another place in Tampa or Orlando.
Old 11-21-2015, 03:09 AM
Sage

Honestly they don't care-went there twice after they first opened-tastes more like nursing home or hospital food- their bread is the worst in the villages. The place is a personification of a tourist trap. Get suckers in who don't know anything about Italian food.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:28 AM

We went last night and wish we'd went somewhere else. Disappointed in the service and the food.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:33 AM
Email Reported As Spam

I have been there once ..ONCE
Old 11-21-2015, 06:49 AM
Sage

Luigino's went away for basically the same reasons- drove around the square last night-the only restaurant doing REAL business was City Fire.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,009 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchiava1 View Post
... I guess if you want good Italian food you should go to Chef's of Napoli.
Bingo.
Old 11-21-2015, 04:39 PM
Platinum member

What is going on? 8 of us at Mezza Luna last night and we got there at 4:30. Lousy service, meals cold, sent back and took forever to get them back again. Manager too busy to help out having his help lighting candles and washing the front door. They are understaffed and none of the 8 meals were good. Our veal parm, which we have enjoyed there in the past several times, was very tough and edges were like they were freezer burned. The place was freezing cold and nothing was done when several people, other than us, complained until a couple came in and realized how cold it was and they refused to be seated and left, then the manager turned down the A/C and blowers.

Last edited by raynan; 11-21-2015 at 04:40 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 11-21-2015, 04:55 PM
Sage

Dumb & dumber management- sons of owners-better smarten up-whatta are you gonna do when your dad goes bankrupt
Old 11-21-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
What is going on? 8 of us at Mezza Luna last night and we got there at 4:30. Lousy service, meals cold, sent back and took forever to get them back again. Manager too busy to help out having his help lighting candles and washing the front door. They are understaffed and none of the 8 meals were good. Our veal parm, which we have enjoyed there in the past several times, was very tough and edges were like they were freezer burned. The place was freezing cold and nothing was done when several people, other than us, complained until a couple came in and realized how cold it was and they refused to be seated and left, then the manager turned down the A/C and blowers.
When will you folks get the message that these two joints are awful. Yes, I know they originally got great reviews from a small hand full of your buddies but by and large they are pretty bad. Perhaps you should be thinking of which restaurants not to go to depending on which regulars recommend them.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:54 PM

The good food at restaurants in New England is something I miss here.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:23 PM
Veteran member

Had some great food to go yesterday from Francescos in Baylee Plaza. Give them a try. Some of their dishes are BOGO to go only. Add a salad at home and you have a nice meal The food was well seasoned and their San Marino Tomato sauce is excellent. Manager is on site and very involved. It makes a difference.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:28 PM
Platinum member

Ricciardi's had gone downhill as far as service and food so we switched to Mezza Luna in the last year. I know they were awful a couple of years ago but we gave them another shot last year and they've been great for about the last 10 months. Now they're terrible again. It won't take long for the word to get out about the food and service and management. It's a shame because Kathleen Kane was the singer last night and she was great.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:25 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

We've been to Riccardi's multiple times. We've been happy with their food and service. We really like their pizza. I think you have to compare Riccardi's to the other restaurants in Brownwood. We prefer to it every other restaurant... except maybe City Fire. So if you want a restaurant that is golf cart accessible... I think Riccardi's is a good choice.
Closed Thread

Tags
ricciardis, dinner, sauce, manager, flavor, failed, avail, table, times, good, chefs, italian, food, guess, neutered, napoli, watery, decent, chicken, fettuccine, marsala, time, review, night, alfredo

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.