Rice and Beans Mexican Restaurant - off campus

Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2016, 08:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabanana73 View Post
This sounds great! Next time I am here with a car (instead of just a cart), we'll definitely go. Sounds fabulous!
You can use Über if you don't want to use an auto.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:05 AM

Can't wait to try it ~ thanks for the post! Love small places that have great food, service and nice owners. It would be a pleasure to support them!
Old 04-12-2016, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabanana73 View Post
This sounds great! Next time I am here with a car (instead of just a cart), we'll definitely go. Sounds fabulous!
If you have friends with a car - invite them to join you. Buy them a drink!! You'll all have a good meal and a new experience.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:56 PM
Default Rice and beans Bar-b-que

Another vote for this friendly, clean restaurant with awesome food and wait staff! We'll be regulars.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:33 PM

I ate at Rice and Beans this week. Two ladies from Puerto Rico, who are also Villagers,were with me and we were not impressed. Rice was instant rice which was an insult to the two ladies from PR. I ordered the California burrito, which was advertised on the menu as being topped with cheese sauce, pico de gallo, and guacamole. It was served plain. Questioned the order and was told the cheese was inside with no explanation for the missing guacamole or salsa. All I could find inside was bland hamburger. The hot sauce was excellent but the chips were thin store bought chips. The three milk cake was good but obviously from a bakery.
Staff was friendly and efficient. The restaurant, although it lacked in ambiance, appeared to be clean.
The three of us really wanted good ethnic food and we were disappointed. There were only two other tables occupied for the dinner service.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:40 PM

We went once and will not return, or recommend it.
They Serve instant or quick rice!!! Downhill from there.
Old 04-14-2016, 05:19 PM
Default willing to try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cateca View Post
We went once and will not return, or recommend it.
They Serve instant or quick rice!!! Downhill from there.
Despite the negative reviews, a friend and I are going to try this place tomorrow evening. We agreed that "off the beaten path" had appeal, and many of you seemed to enjoy your meals. thanks for recommending.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:27 AM
Veteran member

Went for the 2nd time last night. Not disappointed. We are looking forward to working our way through their menu.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:05 AM

I have eaten there many times and never had instant rice. The Three Milks (Tres Leches) is made by the grandmother and is very good.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:17 PM
Default Share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by villager View Post
Went for the 2nd time last night. Not disappointed. We are looking forward to working our way through their menu.
Three of us ordered three different meals and shared everything. There was so much food, we each brought home a small piece of steak and some rice and shrimp. We agreed we'd definitely return, and we heartily recommend the restaurant. 466W becomes 475 N, and the restaurant is on the left before you get to 42. Pretty easy drive. (My GPS wouldn't take the address, but Siri found it for us!)
Old 04-16-2016, 03:52 PM
Thumbs down Rice a d Beans Restaurant

I went once and shall not return. To be served instant or quick-cook rice was disappointing enough, not to mention the bland Mofongo (mashed cooked plantains) and refrigerator-cold, and clearly store-bought Tres Leches dessert. We did not feel we were dining at a restaurant that takes pride of what it serves. To the contrary. Two stars out of five. Tops.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOB View Post
Don't forget Puerto Rican. The mofungo with shrimp is excellent.
Thanks for the recommendation for the Mofungo with Shrimp. Had dinner there tonight for probably the 6th time and decided to try something totally new. LOVED it. Now I'll work my way through the menu for other choices that are new to me.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:39 AM

Had dinner there sat night. It was the first time for us. It's not a fancy place but it is clean and comfortable. Everyone seemed to like their food for the most part. I really didn't care for the yellow rice but I never have been in love with rice. It was reasonable as far as the price, couple of us had beer and it was 3 dollars a bottle. Like I said everyone liked it and we will go again.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:34 PM
Veteran member

Thumbs up
Old 06-17-2016, 08:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member

We ate there last week. The resturant is neat and clean. We were there at 5:15 and were the only customers until just before leaving when two more people walked in. I ordered the Pureto Rican dish and it was brought out to me about 3 or 4 minutes before my husbands chicken enchiladas. My food was ok but served just barely warm. My husband did not care for his meal. Maybe it's a personal taste thing but we will not be going again.
Closed Thread

Tags
summerfield, nice, rice, address, people, beans, restaurant, experience, times, enjoyed, meal, time, gps, county, word, make, pass, close, physical, small, family-run, good, business, pedro, campus

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.