Rose Plantation

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2016, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Now I have a real question ......... I called Rose Plantation yesterday to see when they will be open for lunch. No one there yet. Has anyone had similar experience? I imagine they must be flat out trying to get ready to open, but would like to reach someone.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 12-29-2016, 08:45 AM

I had the same experience.,.. Kind of. Called to make a reservation. Call finally answered by automated Google attendant saying customer not there. Left a message Tuesday. Still waiting for a call back.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:24 AM

Drove by there Wed. afternoon appeared like they were having something going on as there was a gentleman dressed in white shirt, black vest and pants checking cars entering the gate. there were several cars already parked. Private party, maybe? Also a large sign on the fence which said "Open Soon" no dates or anything else. The outside of the venue looks very nice and inviting, appears there is a lake behind the plantation house. Don't know if they have access to it but would make a pretty view from the house. We are looking forward to try them out. A tad pricey but if food good...worth it.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:34 AM
Eternal Member

Someone posted on Facebook that they were there for a soft opening last night. Below are 2 of his postings.
Of course, this was a soft opening that they use to learn from.
Food and service was not very good and pricey for what you got.
(Someone reminded him it was a soft opening)
I understand but for the price they need to be much better. Two of the prime rib dishes were room temperature and my fish was burnt in several spots.

Last edited by Bonny; 12-29-2016 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Someone posted on Facebook that they were there for a soft opening last night. Below are 2 of his postings.
Of course, this was a soft opening that they can learn from.
Food and service was not very good and pricey for what you got.
(Someone reminded him it was a soft opening)
I understand but for the price they need to be much better. Two of the prime rib dishes were room temperature and my fish was burnt in several spots.
They have 7 FB reviews dating back to June. All gave it 5 stars and none have eaten there.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:01 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
They have 7 FB reviews dating back to June. All gave it 5 stars and none have eaten there.
I just saw that they were talking about the remodeling job in their reviews.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

One should not go to a soft opening...........if you cannot accept that it is a soft opening!
Some people can find something to bitch about because they think they are special.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:08 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
One should not go to a soft opening...........if you cannot accept that it is a soft opening!
Some people can find something to bitch about because they think they are special.
I agree. We have been invited to several soft openings. I would definitely never say anything bad about the place if I was there for the soft opening.
I rarely say anything too bad about any restaurant. If I don't like it, I just don't go. Other people like them and that's great. I'll just go where I like.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:59 PM

Not NJ, just close by in Fruitland Park, FL!
Old 12-30-2016, 10:35 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

Four of us went to Rose Plantation tonight. A beautiful setting. The owners are lovely and working with diligence to make a wonderful dining experience for their guests. They do have a lot of wine choice contrary to other reports. Dinner choices included steak, chicken picata, and grouper. All meals were delicious though asking for the steak to be cooked Pittsburgh style was not totally successful. The chocolate mouse is fabulous and we heard others raving about the bread pudding. The restaurant is new and is striving to meet the palates of Villagers, it is a fabulous option to the "same old". And such a gorgeous location. Definitely recommend it.

Also I called initially and got voice mail today. Left a message and received a call back with a reservation for tonight. If you did not get called back, call again. They just opened! It's busy there and the owners are working so hard to make this a great dining experience. And by the way, they live in Collier.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:58 AM

We tried to go last night, but we're unable without a reservation. The man very politely told us he was unable to seat us. He gave us a card and a menu . The place is gorgeous! We are going next Saturday. This looks like a lovely place for a romantic dinner. The pics don't do it justice. On a lake, Has a really nice covered porch area near the lake. Beautiful roses. The menu is small but adequate. Prices are what they should be in my opinion. Come on Bonnie where's your review!!
Old 12-31-2016, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I really like the "reservation only" policy. No standing around in long lines waiting to get in. Also, if they have an approximate number of patrons for the evening they can pretty much judge the food needed.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 12-31-2016, 10:42 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnurse View Post
We tried to go last night, but we're unable without a reservation. The man very politely told us he was unable to seat us. He gave us a card and a menu . The place is gorgeous! We are going next Saturday. This looks like a lovely place for a romantic dinner. The pics don't do it justice. On a lake, Has a really nice covered porch area near the lake. Beautiful roses. The menu is small but adequate. Prices are what they should be in my opinion. Come on Bonnie where's your review!!
Haven't been there yet, but definitely look forward to going.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:02 PM
Sage

Great to hear that the Rose Plantation, will be a reservation only establishment . IMHO, in total fairness to the owner and others who would like to make reservations--all reservations should be secured with a non-refundable deposit via credit card.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:42 PM
Sage

Guess many on this site have never been self-employed--a reservation that doesn't show is lost income--Arnold Palmer & Hemmingways-requested a secured reservation for special events--nothing wrong with it if you show up
Closed Thread

Tags
plantation, rose, mendham, nj--sammys, corners-there, cut

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.