Sammy Joe's Pizzeria

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2015, 04:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgg7933 View Post
We were born and raised in New York and know GREAT PIZZA .
WOW....How can you top that?
Old 05-03-2015, 06:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgg7933 View Post
We were born and raised in New York and know GREAT PIZZA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
WOW....How can you top that?
I was born and raised in New York and know TRULY GREAT PIZZA. Ha... I topped it. (Where you from Shimpy?)
Old 05-04-2015, 06:02 PM
Sage

///

Last edited by Shimpy; 05-05-2015 at 05:52 AM.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I can guarantee you the New Yorkers won't like it as usual.
Fuhgeddaboudit.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

Quote:
I was born in the Pittsburgh area (McKeesport),but moved to Miami in 1953. People from the mid west will never post here about how much better their food is over others. Nor will they claim to be an expert on pizza because they are from a certain city. These people know the world is a bigger place than N.Y. and everyone has different tastes.
My niece and her family live in Pittsburgh. I have to admit that I haven't been to Primanti's yet, but I look forward to giving it a shot. I had some very good pizza from Il Pizzaiolo in Mt. Lebanon.

I get a kick out of all this "where I come from it's the best" stuff. It all boils down to, whatever you're used to tends to float your boat.

The best part of going out to eat is the company. Go with good friends.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:31 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
My niece and her family live in Pittsburgh. I have to admit that I haven't been to Primanti's yet, but I look forward to giving it a shot. I had some very good pizza from Il Pizzaiolo in Mt. Lebanon.

I get a kick out of all this "where I come from it's the best" stuff. It all boils down to, whatever you're used to tends to float your boat.

The best part of going out to eat is the company. Go with good friends.
I agree..........some NY'r think pizza is fine dining (I know I will get hammered for that, but I did say "some") and if it ain't NY, it ain't good.

I've enjoyed pizza all over the world, and there is a lot that can float my boat.
Old 05-05-2015, 05:59 AM
Sage

I made the best pizza I tasted down here. I'm from NJ.
Buy white pita bread. Keep it in the freezer and the next time you want pizza that tastes like home trim the edges of the frozen pita bread and slip it in the toaster. Put on your toppings ending with cheese you grate with a hand grater. Fry it in a little olive oil with a lid on the pan so the cheese melts down.

It's crispy on the bottom and soft on top. Best of all it always available, and pennies per serving.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:26 PM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

Geez...........all this gum flapping about New York pizza. Now lets get back to the original post, has anyone tried Sammy Joe's pizza?
I don't give two rats behinds about what was good in the city or back east. I live here and like all kinds of pizza!
Well maybe not all.........I lived close to Chicago and still do not like Chicago stuffed pizza......then again I don't like Chicago politicians either!
P.S. You can't beat Chicago Italian Beef or hot dogs!
Old 05-06-2015, 07:32 AM
Veteran member

I have been by it several times at dinner hour and they had a decent crowd ...... but have not tried it yet.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:46 AM
Eternal Member

I had one of their pizzas the other day. It could have used a little more tomato sauce. Other than that it was okay. There were a lot of people sitting and eating some of the dinners that are offered. It looked like fairly large portions on the plates.

There are a lot of tables so you have to maneuver through the tables to get to the counter.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:57 AM

You reminded me of Portillo's
Old 05-21-2015, 10:19 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Tried Sammy Joes today. Husband had pizza and I tasted it thought it was pretty good! Very generous with the toppings. I liked the pizza dough had a good taste and was nice and thin. I prefer less sauce on my pizza so was pleased it wasn't oozing with sauce. I ordered the Lasagna and it came with a small but nice salad and 1 breadstick that was hot and good. Unfortunately I didn't like the lasagna. Had a strange taste, and not much cheese but a lot of meat. Portion was fine and I must say when the girl asked how it was I told her I didn't care for it and why. She did offer to bring me something else but I declined (I like to give a new place a break) I was full anyway. I told her my husband would probably eat it and took it home....LOL
Service was very good and attentive and actually though a lot of tables it's a straight shot to the counter for take out.
I would go back again seems like they really want to make a go of it and the pizza was decent.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
I can guarantee you the New Yorkers won't like it as usual.
While waiting for Helene to finish shopping at Target, I sat down next to a New York guy who struck up a conversation. He expounded on his life in New York and mentioned several superior things that New York had to offer. In fact I was told that New York had the best hospitals, the best restaurants, the best shopping, the best entertainment... And asked if I had been there.

I told him yes, many times. I said that most Ohioans had been to New York but few New Yorkers I had met had been to Ohio. I asked if he had been to Ohio.

His reply was..No, why would I want to do that?
Old 05-22-2015, 05:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Our club went to Belleview Pizza yesterday. (Short drive up 301 to Belleview)

Wow. It was the best Pizza I have had in a long time.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
While waiting for Helene to finish shopping at Target, I sat down next to a New York guy who struck up a conversation. He expounded on his life in New York and mentioned several superior things that New York had to offer. In fact I was told that New York had the best hospitals, the best restaurants, the best shopping, the best entertainment... And asked if I had been there.

I told him yes, many times. I said that most Ohioans had been to New York but few New Yorkers I had met had been to Ohio. I asked if he had been to Ohio.

His reply was..No, why would I want to do that?
He did get that part right.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.