Mezza Luna

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2014, 10:34 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs up Mezza Luna

Sat at the bar for lunch today and had the Fetuccini Barone which was delicious.
Cathy the bartender was friendly and and knew the menu well (she's only there 3 weeks now) The tasteless bread has been replaced with garlic bread, definitely an upgrade. If you like plain bread with dipping sauce ask Cathy, she has all the fixens behind the bar. Total bill with 2 Yuenglings and tax $15.65 + $5.00 tip
Old 02-14-2014, 09:01 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill32 View Post
Sat at the bar for lunch today and had the Fetuccini Barone which was delicious.
Cathy the bartender was friendly and and knew the menu well (she's only there 3 weeks now) The tasteless bread has been replaced with garlic bread, definitely an upgrade. If you like plain bread with dipping sauce ask Cathy, she has all the fixens behind the bar. Total bill with 2 Yuenglings and tax $15.65 + $5.00 tip
So nice to hear!!! Cathy is a great bartender, she's worked in a few other places and is a niece of my friend. She really goes the extra mile to help customers. Thanks Bill32 for recognizing her, it means a lot when they try so hard.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-14-2014, 05:58 PM

Just moved here and having a difficult time finding a decent restaurant in and around the villages. Maybe we are spoiled after living in DC but there must be a few worth going to. The CCs are subpar. Can anyone give us an idea? Please no chains.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:06 PM

Also coming from the DC area, I feel your pain. You can get some pretty good Asian food in Orlando, Korean, Vietnam, Chinese hot pot, but don't look for Ethiopian, Afghan, Salvadoran, or any other numerous cuisines anywhere around. Gourmet is an unknown word around here.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDorman View Post
Just moved here and having a difficult time finding a decent restaurant in and around the villages. Maybe we are spoiled after living in DC but there must be a few worth going to. The CCs are subpar. Can anyone give us an idea? Please no chains.
Coming from NYC, I must agree with your post. We ate at family owned restaurants in our neighborhood and at those in surrounding neighborhoods, and there's no comparison. Guess it's a matter of taste, literally. (PS. We aren't food snobs - just know what we like, and there are very few places in TV that are worth eating at).
Old 02-14-2014, 06:09 PM

It is indeed a very good restaurant. The heart and soul that the owners have put into the menu and overall experience to recreate the recipes that were passed down through their family does not go unnoticed. I truly hope they do well. We need a good small family owned Italian place around here. Puts a different kind of place in the villages. I just tried the Fettuccini barone myself. Outstanding! I would definitely recommend it.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDorman View Post
Good luck.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.