Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Scooples Ice Cream Parlor and Restaurant (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/scooples-ice-cream-parlor-restaurant-97797/)

Phanatic Luvr 01-14-2014 06:11 PM

We visited this past weekend, only for ice cream in the evening. A steady flow of customers however, a lot of empty seats.
I ordered my favorite Chocolate Ice Cream. I know, I'm boring. It had an odd taste, like an aftertaste. Mother-in-law had Mango. Said she tasted no mango. I saw them scooping new ice cream into the display and the container read Luke's Ice Cream. Cute shop, will try a lunch sometime in the future but back to Peachwave for my dessert.

missypie 01-14-2014 08:58 PM

Ice cream was tasteless. Left funny aftertaste in my mouth....sorry

Bill32 01-14-2014 10:15 PM

Wife and I tried the ice cream and couldn't finish it, threw half away. I've eaten a lot of ice cream in my day ( still do ) but this was the worst...........sorry.

ilovetv 01-14-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Ice cream was tasteless. Left funny aftertaste in my mouth....sorry
Quote:

Wife and I tried the ice cream and couldn't finish it, threw half away. I've eaten a lot of ice cream in my day ( still do ) but this was the worst...........sorry.
My experience was the same as missy pie and Bill32. Tasteless ice cream, and I refused to buy what would have been my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd flavor choices, because those tubs and most others had globby, melted scoops--scraped from the bottom of the barrel--thrown into them and re-frozen. Yuck. That's why I quit going to Kilwin's at Spanish Springs, but at least their ice cream has flavor. Scooples tasted like a cheap mix with no vanilla extract or maybe a hint of fake vanilla, bad aftertaste.

The other problem was the big waffle cone tasted like poster board. I've made those waffle cones and they're a no-fail thing if you put in the butter, sugar and vanilla the recipes call for. These were awful and certainly not worth the extra money.

chachacha 01-21-2014 11:04 PM

had the breakfast croissant today for $4.75 with bacon, eggs and cheese...very tasty. sandwiches looked good but all at least $8. very pretty place and friendly service and business was humming...i hope they improve the ice cream because of previous posts...would be nice to have a milk shake after the movies!

villager 01-22-2014 06:23 PM

I had a salad there the other day. Although it was good, it was definitely pricey for what you got. I also thought the ice cream was way overpriced. Sadly, it probably won't be on my list of places.

jdsl1998 01-22-2014 07:04 PM

Ilovetv, Kilwins has new owners...you'll have to get it a try!

Phanatic Luvr 02-05-2014 08:57 AM

Stopped by Scooples for lunch yesterday. Great salad!
As I was leaving, I noticed a nicely dressed younger man clearing tables out front. I hesitate but ask if he was the manager. He said yes. I explained I had been there in early January and was very dissatisfied with their ice cream and explained why. He informed me they have since switched from Luke's Ice Cream to Hersheys. Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thought all who posted about the tasteless ice cream would like to know and maybe try them again.
He thanked me for telling him and said they made the change a few weeks ago.

CFrance 02-05-2014 09:05 AM

That's good to know! Thanks for posting.

howardandsheila 02-05-2014 10:16 AM

This is how an establishment will succeed. Listen to customer feedback and take action. Thanks for the post!!!:024:

butterfly sue 02-05-2014 11:19 AM

We went to eat at Scouples and thought it pricey BUT we ordered the chicken salad which came with a side. The side was large and the chicken salad was large, so we could have taken half of it home. So now rethinking and didn't think the price was that bad because of the size. It was the BEST chicken salad I have had here. So fresh! We have now also tried the hot dogs and they were ok. Stopped for breakfast one time and had the croissant and found that to be really good too. So if I am in the area, I will be stopping.

flusher 02-05-2014 12:00 PM

The Beef Barley soup is delicious
The bowl is small, I think you get just as much in the cup size
I had to send my order back the last time because the soup was barely luckwarm, but I ate half of it first and they refilled the bowl.

Sueclark 02-13-2014 01:36 AM

Scooples is open and very good

villagerjack 02-13-2014 03:16 AM

They will be adding a full breakfast in the future. Please give these hard working folks a try. They are really listening to customers and making adjustments as they go along. Hope they stick around. We like the place and tbe service was very good.

archerlc 02-14-2014 04:06 AM

Hershey Ice Cream

Just some trivia
The Hershey Creamery Company was founded
in 1894 by Jacob and his four brothers, Isaac,
Paris, Ephraim, and Eli Hershey (no relation to Milton
S. Hershey of the Hershey Company).

Since 1894, Hershey’sŪ has strived to “guarantee
quality products, provide excellent service, establish
competitive prices, and provide a true value to
the customer.”

Hershey’sŪ Ice Cream makes all of our mixes
from fresh, wholesome ingredients (most of which
are Kosher). Fresh cream and fresh condensed
milk is delivered to our plant on a daily basis!

To ensure our quality we use pure vanilla extract,
and the highest quality of cocoa available anywhere.
Our fruit flavors are made from hand-picked, fresh-
frozen fruits. We use high grades of almonds,
pecans, and walnuts. We are also one of the few
manufacturers that roasts nuts in our own plant
and we guarantee freshness and quality!
Again, no relation to Hershey chocolate.
Located in Harrisburg, PA