Snow Birds are here & service declines

Closed Thread
Old 01-03-2015, 02:15 PM

I agree
WELCOME BACK
Enjoy Life !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2015, 02:23 PM
Sage

Why is this thread in poor taste, firstly the bar tender is a very experienced person--the blame goes with the owner--one person can't be expected to handle the volume by himself

We will never wait an hour for a seat --however; if you're happy to drink $3.00/martinis in plastic cups--go for it

We vorted with our wallet & Evans Prairies got the $$$--

Last edited by Chatbrat; 01-03-2015 at 02:33 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-03-2015, 02:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Why is this thread in poor taste, firstly the bar tender is a very experienced person--the blame goes with the owner--one person can't be expected to handle the volume by himself

We will never wait an hour for a seat --however; if you're happy to drink $3.00/martinis in plastic cups--go for it

We vortex with our wallet & Evans Prairies got the $$$--
IMO, what prompts that response is connecting seasonal residents with the problem you encountered. Many of my friends are seasonal and I dislike seeing animosity directed toward them for problems that are not of their making. For better or worse, our population increases during this season. It happens all over the state and is a primary reason for the state's financial well being.

Your problem was, as you said in the quoted post, with the restaurant, not with your fellow patrons whether they be seasonal or year round.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:53 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
IMO, what prompts that response is connecting seasonal residents with the problem you encountered. Many of my friends are seasonal and I dislike seeing animosity directed toward them for problems that are not of their making. For better or worse, our population increases during this season. It happens all over the state and is a primary reason for the state's financial well being.

Your problem was, as you said in the quoted post, with the restaurant, not with your fellow patrons whether they be seasonal or year round.
Hear, hear. Maybe a less confrontational title for this thread is in order.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:57 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post

This is sad but true. Some of us full time residents feel entitled to enjoy a level of privilege offseason on the dollars paid for amenties by snowbirds and in-season renters. But that is not enough.
Instead of an attitude of gratitude, some full timers think snowbirds are a nuisance and express resentment, irritation and hostility..

I think they desrve to be honored, not reviled. I'm done.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

along with a refreshed attitude toward who lives where and how long.

Did you tell the bar tender the drink was wrong? Because no matter the ratioanale when all gets said and done that is who is at fault. If you did not call him/her on it then you have contributed to the problem worsening. Being too busy is not an excuse for anything responsible!!!!
Old 01-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Platinum member

Snowbirds Service Matters

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 01-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Sage

The bartender knew he screwed up, we never spend less than a $100/ every time we go out
"
He knows us and said<," What do you want me to do?"-- I said a martini glass would be nice.

This is not aimed @ the snow birds. honestly--Ray Charles could see my intent & excuse ME for not being a member of the TITLES club
Old 01-03-2015, 03:43 PM
Gold member

Well I think everyone was just following what you originally said in your original post.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Two Different

There are really 2 different psychologies working. The year around resident has
significant respect for the care of The Villages while the snow bird does not own the house so is less apt to give it the same respect as a year round resident. Some of the Snow birds view this is as a vacation which gives an extra does of entitlements. This should not be considered unusual but rather the different psychology of a resident vs various form of "visitor". I believe to deny this is to deny what is a normal difference in 'care of the villages". The rewards of having visitors vs residents is an interesting debate? If you lived here in July you would see the significant difference in traffic, waiting in line almost everywhere while in July you can just move around without that kind of frustration. That is a way of life. I guess my greatest concern with the Dec-March visitors is their disrespect for speed, the lack of following the law regarding golf carts, (e.g.speeding, allowing kids to drive them, disregarding other carts, etc.) Of course we have this a little in the summer but no where near as in the winter months. It's the "vacation" attitude which governs that behavior.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
The year round resident has
significant respect for the care of The Villages while the snow bird does not own the house so is less apt to give it the same respect as a year round resident.
"Snowbird" is a term often used to describe a person who visits Florida in the winter to get away from snow.
We are Snowbirds who have owned a home in The Villages since 2007.
There are thousands of Snowbirds who are Seasonal Residents and who own homes in The Villages.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:39 PM
Gold member

Indeed...about 50% of the owners in my Villas are Seasonal owners. Most do not rent.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Just wait till all of us snow birds become full time, then it will be fun
Old 01-03-2015, 04:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Just wait till all of us snow birds become full time, then it will be fun
Yes it will.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:51 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
There are really 2 different psychologies working. The year around resident has
significant respect for the care of The Villages while the snow bird does not own the house so is less apt to give it the same respect as a year round resident. Some of the Snow birds view this is as a vacation which gives an extra does of entitlements. This should not be considered unusual but rather the different psychology of a resident vs various form of "visitor". I believe to deny this is to deny what is a normal difference in 'care of the villages". The rewards of having visitors vs residents is an interesting debate? If you lived here in July you would see the significant difference in traffic, waiting in line almost everywhere while in July you can just move around without that kind of frustration. That is a way of life. I guess my greatest concern with the Dec-March visitors is their disrespect for speed, the lack of following the law regarding golf carts, (e.g.speeding, allowing kids to drive them, disregarding other carts, etc.) Of course we have this a little in the summer but no where near as in the winter months. It's the "vacation" attitude which governs that behavior.
Snowbirds own homes too.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.