Texas Roadhouse

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2016, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Have been there twice. Food and service are quite good. The noise level is not by accident.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:04 AM
Platinum member
Default True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredster View Post
It seems that I heard that the higher noise levels in restaurants get people to order more drinks.
And as another said, it makes for faster turnover!
Probably true but how much do they lose when people read or are told about the loud noise , music?
Old 05-19-2016, 07:15 AM

This is my husband and I favorite place to eat.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We went to the new Texas Roadhouse about a week after they opened. We normally eat lunch out 2 or 3 times a week, not big on eating dinner out. I saw on the website they opened at 3pm. We arrived at 2:45 and the parking lot was full and people driving around looking for a spot to park.

We walked in and was seated immediately in the bar area. I asked what time do you open and they said 3pm, but we opened early today. I always liked the chopped steak with a slice of onion on top at Codys, so I ordered their version called 'Road Kill'. The place was already louder than Cody's and suddenly all the staff lined up in a row, maybe 20 to 25 people, and the music shot up even louder and they all started dancing and clapping their hands. I think the hand claps is what really put it over the edge when they are standing about 3' away.

The food was just OK, prices were very good at lunch, but I think we'll stay with Cody's at LSL, Outback and Longhorn.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:35 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

The topic of noise levels in restaurants has been woven throughout this thread. Based on what I am reading here about the din at Texas Roadhouse, I don't think I will be going there.

But, hey, that's OK. Sounds like they are doing just fine without me. Besides, we dinosaurs who enjoy conversation with dinner know of places we can go. We don't have to go to loud places that other people like and try to make them stop blasting the music and tell everybody to shut up.

Anyway, while perusing the internet for articles on the subject of noise levels in restaurants, I found the one I am linking here. It is from The Boston Globe and though I don't know anything about the specific restaurants mentioned in the article, I do find the overall topic interesting. It's a real thing that many restaurants are trying to get just right.....whatever that means for their individual customer-base and/or target-market.

For restaurant owners, striking the right noise level is key - The Boston Globe
Old 08-30-2016, 06:41 PM

We ate there today for the first time. We had eaten at other TRH restaurants before and I couldn't really remember the noise level being that much of an issue. We was there early today, somewhere before 5:00, and other than them wishing a woman happy birthday there was no noise at all. We was able to talk without any problem at all. I had the 10 oz. ribeye and the wife had the half BBQ chicken...both was excellent. I would go so far as to say that was the best steak I have had in a while. So unless we were just there too early for the real noise to start I'm not sure what all the ( it's too noisy ) is all about.. Oh, and the price wasn't bad either.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.