Hacienda Restaurant -- Pitiful Lunch -- 3 visits straight!

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2016, 02:48 PM
Default Hacienda Restaurant -- Pitiful Lunch -- 3 visits straight!

Seems the World of Beers Organization is expanding their reach within the Villages........ well maybe they would be better served to improve their basic operations at their existing restaurants ..... in the last 3 weeks our golf group has played Hacienda Hills Golf course .....after playing this wonderful golf course we had to endure a lunch experience that is so poor....waiting more than an hour to be served our meals is just unacceptable...... we will no longer stay for lunch....... seems Johnny Rockets and others at Sumter Landings will get our business.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:18 PM
Soaring Eagle member

So, you're saying W.o B. bought the Hacienda restaurant, or the CC? I'm confused.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 08-28-2016, 04:44 PM
Platinum member

yes I agree: what are you saying? That the food at La Hacienda is bad, and it was better before? or that World of Beer bought the franchise

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 08-28-2016, 04:58 PM
Gold member

Yeah, just what are you saying? Also there is no restaurant called La Hacienda, perhaps you meant Hacienda Country Club? Whatever, don't know which one op is complaining about.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:42 PM
Gold member

Why wouldn't this be in the part of TOTV for Restaurant Discussion ?
Old 08-28-2016, 11:16 PM
Veteran member

I see nothing good to come from 3 restaurant groups running many restaurants here. (The group that runs Lopez and Havana, and Havana is nothing to write home about; the group that runs Bonifay, Belle Glade, Evans Prairie, OBH and others; and the World of Beer group running Red Sauce, Glenview, and the W.O.B's).

They're just spreading their uniformity of mediocrity around. And reducing competition that should be there to keep them on their toes.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimesintv View Post
I see nothing good to come from 3 restaurant groups running many restaurants here. (The group that runs Lopez and Havana, and Havana is nothing to write home about; the group that runs Bonifay, Belle Glade, Evans Prairie, OBH and others; and the World of Beer group running Red Sauce, Glenview, and the W.O.B's).

They're just spreading their uniformity of mediocrity around. And reducing competition that should be there to keep them on their toes.
I agree with what you say, the "group" run restaurants in the Villages are not worth eating at [IMO] over prices and less than mediocre food.

There won't be many good places to go in the Villages before too long at this rate.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:14 PM
Default Amazing

Amazing how all the bad dining experiences seem to show up here. No one seems to post about the good experiences. There are so many good choices where to eat close by, why would you go back 3 times to the same place if you weren't satisfied?
Old 08-29-2016, 06:23 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts
Default More than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldseekur View Post
I agree with what you say, the "group" run restaurants in the Villages are not worth eating at [IMO] over prices and less than mediocre food.

There won't be many good places to go in the Villages before too long at this rate.
Perhaps leasing more than one restaurant allows for purchasing on a larger scale and keeps cost down. It has been a while since a visit to Hacienda but it was on par with the other Country Clubs in TV the last visit.
Best as I remember, the last dinner at Evans Prairie, Lopez, Palmer and Belle Glade were satisfactory. Perhaps we are not as "picky" as some.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:31 PM

I really can"t say I have had a bad dinner at and country club in TV other restaurants is another story my general feeling is any meal I don't have cook or clean up after is a good one. We have come across some really bad places though and we just say NOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 08-29-2016, 06:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Foursome had lunch at Havana today, all were satisfied.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:51 PM
Sage

I hope Hacienda does not stop the Sunday brunch
Old 08-29-2016, 07:47 PM
Veteran member

I play Hacienda Hills at least twice a month and my friends will NOT eat there any longer because of bad service, long wait times and mostly average food. A restaurant can have atmosphere, good food and good service. It recently has had neither of the last two. And I live less than 2 minutes from there by golf cart. It has proven to be a real disappointment.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:59 PM
Eternal Member

Personally, I think that both Lopez Legacy and Hemingway's at Havana are two of the finest restaurants between here and Orlando.

I have not been disappointed at either. Their Frequent Diner Program is excellent in terms of rewards.

Excellent Happy Hours at both! Dinners are great and service is top notch!

As far as Hacienda Hills CC, it is a great Sunday buffet. I have not been there for dinner in quite some time.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, lunch, served, hacienda, wonderful

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.