Texas Roadhouse

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2014, 07:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Texas Roadhouse

The unmentionable online newspaper has a piece on Texas Roadhouse Restaurant coming to the Sam's area. Should be fun!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 11-14-2014, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I used to eat at one just outside of Boston. Great food and a fun atmosphere if you're in the mood. Can be loud and annoying if you're not. But the steaks are excellent.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:45 AM
Eternal Member

I have eaten at them before. Very much like Cody's. It will be a good addition to that area.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:55 AM
Veteran member
Default Feel like I am missing out on a secret...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
The unmentionable online newspaper has a piece on Texas Roadhouse Restaurant coming to the Sam's area. Should be fun!

Off topic, but would someone please PM me with the name of the unmentionable online newspaper?!? Frequently, there is a reference and I'd like to know what I'm missing.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:36 AM
Veteran member

Check out their menu. Their only steak advertised as USDA "choice" grade is their sirloin. They say it's their most popular. That makes sense since the rest of their steaks are obviously of a grade less than "choice". So the rest of their steaks are graded "select" at best, and possibly even a lower grade. Doubt they'll qualify as excellent.

http://www.texasroadhouse.com/menu#!hand-cut-steaks
Old 11-14-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
Check out their menu. Their only steak advertised as USDA "choice" grade is their sirloin. They say it's their most popular. That makes sense since the rest of their steaks are obviously of a grade less than "choice". So the rest of their steaks are graded "select" at best, and possibly even a lower grade. Doubt they'll qualify as excellent.

I rarely comment on the restaurant topics because everyone's taste is different, but we frequent all the chain steakhouses (Outback, Longhorn, Cody's, etc etc) but we LOVE the taste of Texas Roadhouse steaks compared to the others. Their steaks must be a different cut or maybe they just don't load them with seasoning like most chains to camouflage the quality of the cut, but their steaks are the closest thing to great steaks cooked on our grill. We always stop at Texas Roadhouse in Ocoee when returning from trips to Orlando. Prices are actually about $1 less for filets and strips (which we always order) vs Outback, Longhorn prices. They must be choice cuts. Honestly, I would pay more for their steaks. Take a 45 ride to Ocoee and try them. Just my opinion.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:34 AM
Eternal Member

I've eaten in their restaurants before. They are good. It's another good option of where to eat. As long as I don't have to cook it, it's all good !
Old 11-14-2014, 11:39 AM
Platinum member

There's more info on The Gourmet Club's website HERE.
It's not a done-deal yet. The town will require "impact requirements" I'm sure.

Skip
Old 11-14-2014, 11:54 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

TV can always use another good reasonable price restaurant. I like the Outback and they have steak and lobster for 14.95 right now---a good deal!

This won't be golf cart accessible but who cares?
Old 11-14-2014, 04:13 PM
Veteran member

There was a Texas Roadhouse in Omaha where we just moved from. My wife was always pleased with her sirloin and I always ordered the "road kill", which is nothing more than hamburger steak. While Nebraska is rightly known for its beef, we felt the Roadhouse was one of the best-priced places around in which to eat.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:26 PM

I have paid double the price for streaks in fancy steak houses and have not received near the great tasting steak as Texas Roadhouse cooks! Order the 10 or 12 ounce Ribeye and you will see what I mean. We have three of them in Knoxville alone and its one restaurant we have really missed when we stay in The Villages. We are thrilled to hear they are opening here!
Old 11-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:

But you really don't know, right?
Old 11-14-2014, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The20Percent View Post
I have paid double the price for streaks in fancy steak houses and have not received near the great tasting steak as Texas Roadhouse cooks! Order the 10 or 12 ounce Ribeye and you will see what I mean. We have three of them in Knoxville alone and its one restaurant we have really missed when we stay in The Villages. We are thrilled to hear they are opening here!
I agree - their ribeyes are great!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedquick View Post
I always ordered the "road kill".
Yes, I am also looking forward to eating the road kill. It's always a little surprise inside the crispy crust, isn't it?
Old 11-14-2014, 09:59 PM

Quote:

Texas Roadhouse was our Favorite Steakhouse in the last town we lived in and they have many other great meals on their menu. They were the "steak house of choice" for me and my wife. I hope they make it to the area!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.