Thumbs down on Red Sauce Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2016, 10:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Why

Why are some excusing the Manager or Owner for having a customer leave upset with food or service. You should never have a customer leave unhappy unless it is because of threat or verbal abuse. I am guessing in this case the verbal abuse came from the Owner or Manager! There are some who are what I call "sheep" and just fold in with the flock and take what is handed out. They are constantly finding reasons to excuse bad behavior and fold back into the "flock". A difficult customer is a challenge and not a reason to abuse him or her. Who knows what other problems the customer had, (e.g. cancer, physical problem death in family, etc.etc.) and just wanted a dinner out. Knowing that would you then tell them to hold their horses for 30 minutes and they could not have the table? The point is that the Manager or the Owner did not know what other problems the customer may have had and I am pretty sure they would not have treated their immediate family like that. The bottom line is that whoever discounted them as a customer was totally wrong.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
People who work in the high class restaurants are trained to put the customer first as they are paying top dollar and expect first class treatment.

As my son says. I can do 9,999 things right but I only hear about the one customer who logged a complaint. In the top hotels, (4/5 star/restaurants), the customer rules.

I don't think the same level of service applies in TV restaurants. I think most of the servers have to listen to customers who want every one of their desires to be met at their perception of best service.

Most servers take a lot of guff from demanding customers who feel a sense of entitlement.

I go with the flow and I am easy to please.
On top of that, these same entitled, demanding customers are known not to tip nearly as well as the younger generations. Any server here will tell you that.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:51 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
On top of that, these same entitled, demanding customers are known not to tip nearly as well as the younger generations. Any server here will tell you that.
I have seen some of the most unappreciative & demanding people leave the worst tip. They have that, I'm always right and you are here to serve me attitude.
The customer is not always right.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:59 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool Red Roping

I had a brother who use to say not to go into a Restaurant that has a Red Rope as the amount of insults you will take will be in direct proportion to the amount of money you will pay for their food.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:00 PM
Veteran member

We went last weekend and had great food and great service from Noel. I made sure to tell the manager on the way out. I left a big tip as well. How many remember to say when things are good?
Old 07-25-2016, 09:12 PM

Great outside bar but the Italian food is subpar.
Pasta is always overlooked even if you ask for al dente. Sauce is way too spicy. Pizza is OK.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:20 PM

We frequent Red Sauce about a half dozen times a year. Friends come down from the North and we are able to get reservations. Management has been great and servers are well trained and experienced. We enjoy good service and food. Generally I do not praise many of the restaurants in The Villages but we certainly enjoy Red Sauce. Sorry for your situation....at any rate Honest Johns was a great choice.
Old 11-04-2016, 02:28 AM

It's really called time management. To have a section to wait on is ok. To add a random booth in the back left room for the server in the bar area is unfair to all. He/she cannot see the patrons. To have to Stop and run back there to get drinks, butter, steak sauce while YOUR FOOD is up waiting to come out...chillin'....then sent back as it is cold... does no one any favors. The server gets shafted, the patron is hungry and possibly annoyed as YOU are paying $$ for the privilege of getting cold food. It's a vicious cycle that recurs as the random sitters are all over the place. Servers get a section for efficiency and prompt service. Does not work. Recipe for disaster. Been there. Done that. It ain't pretty.
Old 11-04-2016, 03:44 AM
Veteran member
Thumbs down What's Wrong with Some People?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltwl View Post
My husband explained there were 4 or 5 empty tables, but the man said-didn't you hear me, I told you it wound be a least 30 min. Needless to say we left & went over to Honest John's where we enjoyed great service and excellent food--with no attitude!
I don't care what any of the above comments are . . .
There is no reason for the manager to speak to a customer in the manner in which he did. None!

Sorry. I don't care if the manager was going through a mid-life crisis.
There is no excuse for that kind of behavior. Period!

They would never see my face again, either.
There are too many other choices where they have good food and caring attention from the working staff.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:12 AM

We're retired, what's the hurry..have a snickers bar while you wait. #AOK Acts of Kindness
Old 11-04-2016, 07:51 AM
Veteran member

I guess I'm just not picky enough. We were down to TV last week to check on our house (it's still waiting for us to move in!) and we and our friends went to Red Sauce for the first time. We all enjoyed our meals, the waiter was friendly and attentive and the manager came out and talked to us. We all decided that we would definitely come back. Sorry to hear the original poster had a negative experience. Glad we had a positive one.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:27 PM

We have not been back since my husband got food poisoning there last year. Especially after the naive manager told us that food poisoning symptoms don't show up for 24-48 hours.
Really!! We weren't looking for any kind of compensation, just wanted them to be aware there was an issue, since my husband can eat anything. There are are many wonderful restaurants in TV, enjoy!
Old 11-04-2016, 09:22 PM

Retiredguy123: I waitress-ed for over 9 years. Restaurants assign a section to each server, and rotate the seating so that the servers have time to wait on each table properly. Everybody sitting anywhere they want would make it very difficult for the hostesses and servers to keep track of the tables and rotation. And then you'd probably gripe about the slow service. Their job is hard enough!
Old 11-05-2016, 05:49 AM
Sage

I went to Red Sauce once about 8 years ago, when I first move here. For a restaurant called Red Sauce I thought their red sauce was the worst I'd ever tried.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 11-05-2016, 07:00 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

Going back to the OP, I have to question why anyone would think that since there was an empty table , they were entitled to it when there was an obvious waiting list. (30 Minute wait). Never heard that to be an acceptable practice when there is a hostess or host.
Closed Thread

Tags
table, tables, empty, min, server

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.