Tierra del Sol Restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2015, 11:52 AM

Are the singing waiters still there or did the inept ownership lose them?
Old 01-18-2015, 02:01 PM

To Tobys Dad,

The singing servers are there Sunday,Monday.Tuesday,Wednesday and Fridays. They are good entertainment and the food as great and the servers are attentive. Been there many times and will keep going there not just for the entertainment but for the ambience and food.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post
Listen to Judge Judy any day of the week and you get the answer, "You ate the steak, you do not get a refund."

Two hour wait for the food after ordering it? Pass the salt shaker? Who waits two hours after ordering without asking about it?
Was this two hour wait once you entered the doors to the restaurant or once you put your order in? I never had a two hour wait .
Old 01-18-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
It is always good to check out the restrooms before you order. If they are not clean I doubt the kitchen is either.
This restaurant is the cleanest one in the villages. You can check out the kitchen anytime, I was shown the kitchen by the owner and was very impressed on how clean it is.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advogado View Post
We recently had an absolutely terrible dining experience there. Our food arrived two hours after we ordered it, and everyone agreed it was lousy-- cheap, gristly cuts of meat poorly seasoned. When we asked to speak to the owner, she begrudgingly offered us a $5 discount, but no real apology, and pointed out that we had eaten the food. She conveniently ignored the fact that after a two-hour wait we would have eaten dog food-- which our meal tasted like. A truly disastrous evening.
Was your two hour wait from the time you entered the restaurant? or when you place your food order? I never experienced a wait that long, and if my wait was more than 10-15 minutes I would get my server and see whats going on.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:39 PM

I love the Saturday night pasta bar with Danny and Johnny singing. The pizza in the Grill Room is good too.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:31 AM
Veteran member

I am with others. I would never tolerate a two hour wait for a meal all ready ordered. I would have been long gone after at the most an hour.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:59 AM

We won't go back bad food and bad wate staff
Old 02-03-2015, 02:16 PM

I'm usually in for breakfast and lunch since I'm out on the golf course for most of the day. Pete (the owner) offers a cheap breakfast compared to everyone else out there. He's walked me through the kitchen numerous times and I left with home baked goodies. If I can say one thing for sure, it is that his kitchen is clean. Never had dinner here, but the waitstaff in the morning is fast and friendly.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:07 PM

Actually, I would have waited three hours and enjoyed every minute of the wait with their entertainment. Such talents, those young singers have. Who cares about the food!
Old 02-04-2015, 08:37 PM
Default tierra

sounds like a real bad experience. I can only indicate that I have been there multiple times with great success. I would hope you ty it again I think it is a really nice place.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:59 AM
Veteran member

Our group of 14, two tables of 7, were there Tuesday night for the singing waiters. We had reservations. My wife and I had, escargot, a martini each, steak with blue cheese butter, our entrees came with soup or salad, we had salad, baked potato and mixed green beans.
The escargot was very very hot and very good. The rest of the meal was good. Our steaks were cooked correctly, medium rare. The quality of the meat was not on par with Bern's but it was less than half the price of Bern's and still very tasty. Our bill was $72.00 plus a $18.00 tip. Four others at our table had salmon and one other had the crab cakes, everyone enjoyed their dinner.
The service was very good and attentive. Our waiter was a great singer too. As were all the other waiters and waitresses. All in all a great night out.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.