Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2015, 07:19 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Good Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnpat View Post
Our server at the Sumter Landing location overheard us talking about having to head to the airport in a couple of hours. The manager stopped by our table with a box of cookies and told us to get back here soon!
Wow...imagine that...Excellent customer service...and good food too!
Good management----just makes a difference! Good to hear for a change.
Old 05-21-2015, 01:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Need to comment about the SS location. Walked in bout 1PM not very busy, was seated in five minutes. I ordered pastrami on rye and my wife 1/2 portion of pastrami on rye with a cup of soup. Waited more then 45 minutes for the food to arrive ( only 1/3 of the tables were occupied and they were eating) The waitress only stopped by us once to see if we wanted more iced tea. Along comes my sandwhich ( now I have been to Toojays in LSL many times with NO problems ) the sandwich is literally 3/4 of an inch thick, including the bread. I was not happy, waitress asked if I wanted more meat. I gently pushed my plate towards the edge of the table and said I'm not hungry anymore. We walked out and will never return. [emoji35]
Old 05-21-2015, 02:04 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Need to comment about the SS location. Walked in bout 1PM not very busy, was seated in five minutes. I ordered pastrami on rye and my wife 1/2 portion of pastrami on rye with a cup of soup. Waited more then 45 minutes for the food to arrive ( only 1/3 of the tables were occupied and they were eating) The waitress only stopped by us once to see if we wanted more iced tea. Along comes my sandwhich ( now I have been to Toojays in LSL many times with NO problems ) the sandwich is literally 3/4 of an inch thick, including the bread. I was not happy, waitress asked if I wanted more meat. I gently pushed my plate towards the edge of the table and said I'm not hungry anymore. We walked out and will never return. [emoji35]
Why not just tell her the problem, get more meat, and enjoy your meal???? WOW!!!
Old 05-21-2015, 02:12 PM
Veteran member

Good story about the manager's response...will give them a try.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
This is not a post about bad food or service. While I wouldn't call TJ food great, I've always found it to be good with good service. Ate there last night. We discovered a bug in the salad. Odds are it had flown in and just picked our table. We were done with the salad so no big deal. We did ask for the manager to let him know just in case it did come from the kitchen. He offered us a free dessert, which we refused. Imagine our surprise when he took 20% off our total tab, which included a loaf of rye bread to take home. This is definitely a way to keep people coming back and creates nothing but warm fuzzies. So, just a shout out for someone going above and beyond.
Wow! A bug in the salad. Do you think the bug went to kitchen instead of your plate ands that's reason to notify the manager. Maybe it was in the produce as it came from the supplier. Bugs happen.
Why would you expect or accept a discount on your rye Bread to go if the bug was in your salad?
Old 05-22-2015, 02:23 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I didn't expect any kind of a discount, just wanted to let the manager know so that if it was more than just the one bug, he could be aware and on the lookout. Suggest you read my post a little more carefully. As to accepting the discount, I honestly felt it would be churlish to refuse. I took the manager's discount as an act of kindness -- neither necessary nor expected, but greatly appreciated. I felt praising the manager for going above and beyond was deserved.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Beef cabbage soup and half a brisket sandwich. Wednesday night. YUM.

Never had a critter in anything. Chicken livers with onion in cream sauce is deeeelishamus.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:15 PM
Sage

I bought a bag of Fresh Express salad and it had a live horsefly in it; it survived all the way from California. So maybe that could have happened with TooJays.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:04 PM
Platinum member

Worked at Big Boy as a teenager. Once had a butterfly on top of bacon on BLT sandwich. Another time a beetle in the middle of wedge of lettuce.

It just happens.....

No one ever blamed me or the resturant.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
How about, "I found a human thumb in my chili."?
That would get you 30%.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:00 PM

We had an experience tonight at Cody's at Brownwood. Sat down at 5:10, ordered meal, 6:00 still no meal. Server forgot to put order in. We paid for our drinks and left. Wouldn't it have been nice for the manager to comp our drinks or something nice, not that is what we do, but for good customer service, especially our first time there which we told him. Glad you had good experience at TooJays. Now that. Is good customer service.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:02 AM
Gold member

Finding a bug is better than finding a half of a bug.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Worked at Big Boy as a teenager. Once had a butterfly on top of bacon on BLT sandwich. Another time a beetle in the middle of wedge of lettuce.

It just happens.....

No one ever blamed me or the resturant.
Its spelled restaurant
Old 05-23-2015, 12:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthree View Post
Its spelled restaurant
You don't need to say that. This is a social forum. We're more interested in content than grammar or spelling.

From a former editor.

Last edited by CFrance; 05-23-2015 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:27 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by parthree View Post
Its spelled restaurant
That's funny. Thanks for sharing.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.