TooJays Brownwood need to pick it up

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2015, 11:41 AM
Exclamation TooJays Brownwood need to pick it up

Saturday morning, 10am, our 2d visit to TooJays in Brownwood. The first was almost our last but gave it another try since it was close to their opening. Well I have to question why they have seating for so many when they can't get service to match. Details: After waiting over 10 minutes without any server attention we had to wave one down. "oh so sorry, didn't see you here" well duh!! This was her table! Anyway, Ordered and waited.. and waited.. and waited 35 minutes for the food to arrive!! unreal. So, just like the slow service from them in LSL that has stopped us from patronizing that establishment, sadly this will be it for their Brownwood location as well. Sad too as the food is pretty good.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:52 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryl1949 View Post
Saturday morning, 10am, our 2d visit to TooJays in Brownwood. The first was almost our last but gave it another try since it was close to their opening. Well I have to question why they have seating for so many when they can't get service to match. Details: After waiting over 10 minutes without any server attention we had to wave one down. "oh so sorry, didn't see you here" well duh!! This was her table! Anyway, Ordered and waited.. and waited.. and waited 35 minutes for the food to arrive!! unreal. So, just like the slow service from them in LSL that has stopped us from patronizing that establishment, sadly this will be it for their Brownwood location as well. Sad too as the food is pretty good.
And what did the manager have to say about your visit?

Skip
Old 11-07-2015, 12:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
And what did the manager have to say about your visit?

Skip
He/She probably said to himself, "Ok...another cheapskate Villager wanting the meal for free with food charges taken off their bill".....

....and to the customer, "Here is a coupon for next time".

A good manager would have been present to see and correct the problem early on. A good manager goes around and asks customers if everything is okay and uses his/her hands, feet and voice to get things done when they see customers looking disgruntled.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:44 PM

No... We left a good tip and with an understanding that unless you have unlimited time you don't go there. Did not bother with the manager. And no one other than the server came by the table.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I will always give them another chance because I love their food.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:25 PM
Sage

I refuse to wait to give establishments my $$$-After 15 minutes the server would have found an empty table.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:23 PM
Veteran member

we love toojays and haven't had a problem other than them being busy
Old 11-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

I find it interesting that some believe the Restaurants and Country Clubs should be fast food. While I agree that the server should have acknowledged you quickly I believe you should seek another place to eat if fast service is what you are looking for. TooJays isn't that place. I also am amazed that people think leaving will have a financial impact, there are always a couple butts waiting for your table plus you need to go find another place to eat and wait to eat there. There are solutions while you are there but if you believe walking out is one of them I believe you might want to rethink. that.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 11-07-2015, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I find it interesting that some believe the Restaurants and Country Clubs should be fast food. While I agree that the server should have acknowledged you quickly I believe you should seek another place to eat if fast service is what you are looking for. TooJays isn't that place. I also am amazed that people think leaving will have a financial impact, there are always a couple butts waiting for your table plus you need to go find another place to eat and wait to eat there. There are solutions while you are there but if you believe walking out is one of them I believe you might want to rethink. that.
I agree!
Old 11-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Platinum member

Give them a break, they just opened !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2015, 07:24 PM

We tried the Brownwood location twice and was unhappy with the service and time to get our food. When it did come it was burnt and cold. We will wait several more months before trying them again.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:55 PM
Platinum member

We've eaten there 3 times and had excellent service from the waitstaff. The kitchen seemed a bit slow but we weren't in a hurry. Enjoyed the food. Awesome potato pancake!
Old 11-07-2015, 07:59 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
I refuse to wait to give establishments my $$$-After 15 minutes the server would have found an empty table.
Then, what do you do? You still have to eat somewhere.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Sage

Go to Fresh Market buy Weber & Schaller cold cuts, way better than the stuff Toojays sells.

Make my own sandwiches @ home, drink fine wine & kick back.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Go to Fresh Market buy Weber & Schaller cold cuts, way better than the stuff Toojays sells.

Make my own sandwiches @ home, drink fine wine & kick back.
Outside of good pizza , there isn't anything a restaurant can provide that I can't prepare at home better and cheaper. For me, the novelty of going to a restaurant to be waited on has long since past. I only go because my wife likes to now and then.
Closed Thread

Tags
waited, brownwood, food, service, toojays, minutes, table, ordered, sad, goodsad, location, duh, establishment, patronizing, lsl, sadly, slow, pretty, unreal, arrive, stopped, gave, opening, close, pick

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.