Turners' Kitchen in Downtown Leesburg.

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2016, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
Funny, we were at Turners last night and were thanking them for their policy of no groups larger than six. Large groups do a disservice to the server, the kitchen, and other patrons. It's great to have a place where we can enjoy our meals without your group.
I like that policy for places like Turner's too. And I suspect if you tell them you have a group of 10 but will sit at opposite sides of the restaurant they may expect that there will be a lot of visiting between the two groups. Why tell them you are in one big group when they have the policy stated at the host's station?
Old 03-27-2016, 08:02 AM

Way back... probably about a year ago... we called Turner's one evening to inquire about making reservations for dinner. They asked where we were calling from, and we said The Villages. The woman at Turner's said "we don't want anyone from The Villages" and hung up on us. So, no matter how good people say it is, we haven't gone there. There are plenty of other places to dine that welcome customers no matter where they're from.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck90199 View Post
Way back... probably about a year ago... we called Turner's one evening to inquire about making reservations for dinner. They asked where we were calling from, and we said The Villages. The woman at Turner's said "we don't want anyone from The Villages" and hung up on us. So, no matter how good people say it is, we haven't gone there. There are plenty of other places to dine that welcome customers no matter where they're from.
We visited with the hostess there a month or two back who happened to be a transplant from Alexandria, VA. We did introduce some of us as coming from the Villages and the others now being located in Alexandria, VA.

The waitress also lived near the Villages or in the Villages as she pointed out a quicker way to get home than the wandering way we had located Turner's.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
We visited with the hostess there a month or two back who happened to be a transplant from Alexandria, VA. We did introduce some of us as coming from the Villages and the others now being located in Alexandria, VA.

The waitress also lived near the Villages or in the Villages as she pointed out a quicker way to get home than the wandering way we had located Turner's.
Those directions would be most helpful.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
Those directions would be most helpful.
Turners - Location + Hours

It was get on 44 to the Wildwood Area and you will run into N-S streets going into northern parts of the Villages. Morse and Buena Vista mainly. You do have to pay attention to the Route signs though and stay on 44.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

We've been there several times and identified ourselves as Villagers. We've always been welcomed.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
We've been there several times and identified ourselves as Villagers. We've always been welcomed.
The hostess was quite chatty when my older brother and his wife, my parents and I went there. My older brother is very outgoing.

My sister-in-law introduced us as being Villagers.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:53 PM
Platinum member

We talked about being from The Villages and got no indication that was anything less than a good thing.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

What an odd thing to say. Most businesses want to make money.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

It's obvious to me you spoke with an employee, not the manager. If it was a manager ( which I doubt ) he should be dismissed. The employee you spoke with probably has had bad experiences with Villagers. I would not condemn a business based upon one phone call. Call back, you may be surprised.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:37 AM

I didn't "condemn" the restaurant. I just expressed our experience. The person I spoke to was the one who answered the phone... could have been an employee or could have been a manager... she never identified herself, so I don't know. Perhaps they have changed their attitude or that person is no longer with them. Maybe we'll try it again someday. But, there are plenty of restaurants in and near The Villages that welcome customers.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:22 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
It's obvious to me you spoke with an employee, not the manager. If it was a manager ( which I doubt ) he should be dismissed. The employee you spoke with probably has had bad experiences with Villagers. I would not condemn a business based upon one phone call. Call back, you may be surprised.
The attitude comes from the owners, Jack & Allison Braton. They run the ship, the way they want. They got so much flack about the seating restrictions, they posted a sign at the hostess stand, stating the owner's seating rules.

Good food, lousy customer interaction from everything I've heard. Sad situation.

Skip
Old 03-28-2016, 09:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Turners' Kitchen in Downtown Leesburg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
The attitude comes from the owners, Jack & Allison Braton. They run the ship, the way they want. They got so much flack about the seating restrictions, they posted a sign at the hostess stand, stating the owner's seating rules.

Good food, lousy customer interaction from everything I've heard. Sad situation.

Skip

To paraphrase a cliche', "be nice to the customers you meet on the way up because you're gonna miss those same customers on the way down"
No business is invulnerable to a downturn, whether temporary or permanent. Based on what you say, their business model is not to be applauded in any way.
Think, Pan Am, IBM, Kodak, Bethlehem Steel etc...( too big to fail ? )

Last edited by RickeyD; 03-28-2016 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:25 PM
Sage

They seem to be doing extremely well. I do not have any reliable inside information but if you Google them you should see that their Leesburg clientele keep them quite busy. https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...y_Florida.html
Old 03-28-2016, 12:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
They seem to be doing extremely well. I do not have any reliable inside information but if you Google them you should see that their Leesburg clientele keep them quite busy. https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...y_Florida.html

Leesburg schmelsburg, who cares about Leesburg clientele. Don't you know WE are the center of the universe ?
Closed Thread

Tags
lunch, good, leesburg, have-you, venison, gator, daily, specials, worth, trip, downtown, friendly, today, staff, turners, wild, soup, kitchen, selection, food

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.