Turners in Leesburg

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2015, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Turner's

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhdleo View Post
Has anyone here tried this new restaurant yet? I read on another thread very good things about it. They have a website and the menu sounds yummy! I think we'll be trying it out for sure.
We went last Tuesday night with another couple and all four thought it was wonderful. The service was very good, food came out in a timely manner and all 4 entrees were delicious. Their steaks are outstanding. The chocolate cake served with peanut butter milk was amazing. Going back tonight! Highly recommend!
Old 06-30-2015, 12:03 PM

The food is "DELICIOUS" and the service "GREAT"! Awesome lunch with the perfect atmosphere.....A definite must try!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
It's a movie based on huge lobsters falling from the sky and terrorizing people. You know, like sharknado.
Really cute!!!
Old 07-01-2015, 04:04 PM

Hubby and I went to Turners for lunch today. Had the $5 Express lunch (with purchase of a beverage) Hubby had the 1/4 lb. burger with a cup of tomato-basil bisque and I had the short rib sliders with a sweet potato bbq sauce. Everything was delicious and the service was excellent. The inside of the restaurant is very attractive. We will definitely go back...want to try their dinners
Old 07-01-2015, 07:48 PM

Turner's is a great place to eat for lunch. I had the grouper sandwich and soup. It was an outstanding piece of fish. Loved the experience.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:46 AM
Veteran member

My wife, son and I had dinner at Turners. It is very easy to find since it is just off Main Street in Leesburg. Main Street is actually Route 44 which defines the southern edge of TV. Service was outstanding with everyone pitching in to help (e.g., refill drinks, take away finished dishes, stop by periodically to see if we wanted anything). We had the catch of the day (Sea Bass from Australia), Caramelized Scallops, and traditional Scallops. We sampled one another's dishes since this was our first visit to Turners. Each dish was very good. Since they had three desserts the night we were there, we ordered one of each (and shared again). These were a Sweet Potato Cheese Cake, Chocolate Cake and Bread Pudding. Once again, all three were hits. It wasn't inexpensive but we were pleased with everything. In comparison with TV restaurants, we would rate it at or near the top with Lopez, Hemingway and Palmers). It is a bit less convenient but it does offer a different menu making it a pleasant alternative for a special meal.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:02 AM
Eternal Member

Talk to a friend last night that said they went this week and thought it was fabulous.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:00 AM
Location: West Hartford, Farmington, Niantic, CT.... The Villages in 2010!

We had a very unpleasant visit to Turner's last night. It was very busy and we came in and gave our number of people. The woman at the desk put it down. Then I noticed other people coming in and giving their cell phone numbers.She never asked me for mine, so I went up to the desk and informed her of that and wanted our name to be put in the right order. Another woman, who was not there when I checked in, said she couldn't do that and it would be about 20 minutes more on top of the time we had already been waiting. I felt that was unreasonable but still waited. We also noticed 4 empty tables, 3 of which had not been bussed.
Finally,after 35 minutes, my husband went to the desk and asked what was going on.
He then took our name off the list. As we were leaving, I stopped at the desk and talked to the Owner. I told her how I felt about our experience, and she never apologized, or said please try us again.
Believe me....we will never be trying them again!
Old 07-12-2015, 09:38 AM
Sage

///
Old 07-12-2015, 12:27 PM
Gold member

Our group of 8 was going to try it next Thurs night but we were told they don't have tables for 8 so we are going to chefs of Napoli instead since most of us have tried it and enjoyed it!
Old 07-12-2015, 12:52 PM
Gold member

Went and found the food very good but don't expect an accommodation or super service. I think the mind set is we don't really need your business but since your here we will let you stay.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfivo View Post
We had a very unpleasant visit to Turner's last night. It was very busy and we came in and gave our number of people. The woman at the desk put it down. Then I noticed other people coming in and giving their cell phone numbers.She never asked me for mine, so I went up to the desk and informed her of that and wanted our name to be put in the right order. Another woman, who was not there when I checked in, said she couldn't do that and it would be about 20 minutes more on top of the time we had already been waiting. I felt that was unreasonable but still waited. We also noticed 4 empty tables, 3 of which had not been bussed.
Finally,after 35 minutes, my husband went to the desk and asked what was going on.
He then took our name off the list. As we were leaving, I stopped at the desk and talked to the Owner. I told her how I felt about our experience, and she never apologized, or said please try us again.
I'm confused. Why did you think your name was out of order? And what did the person at the desk say when your husband asked what was going on?
Old 07-12-2015, 01:40 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
They don't need your phone number. It doesn't change the order of the names. Names are in order on the list. If you give a number, they can send a text to let you know your tables ready. Otherwise they'll call your name or just come & get you.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
He then took our name off the list.
As we were leaving, I stopped at the desk and talked to the Owner. I told her how I felt about our experience, and she never apologized, or said please try us again.
Sounds like a personality conflict - what happened when your husband asked what was going on?
Sorry you didn't have more success.

Last edited by Barefoot; 07-13-2015 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:47 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
...since you''re here, we will let you stay.
Wow, that's the attitude Mezza Luna has.
- We don't need you ! -

Skip
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.