Uh-oh, no go to Cody's (anywhere)

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2016, 08:17 PM

Went there 3 times in October and all 3 times the service was excellent and so was the food.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:45 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Matzy

As already posted, everybody has different -personal related- standards what to expect in a restaurant. I have to say for my person that I did not have any problems at Cody's or others. How come? Must be me.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:47 AM
Eternal Member

We were at Codys in Brownwood last night. The entire outside patio was filled. Mark Seymour was singing and had the place rocking. He has an awesome voice and has a huge following.
Friends of ours had a group of 30 and everyone ate. They all seemed to enjoy and were having a good time.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:50 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Wait a minute - WE WEREN'T INVITED?
My bad !!
Old 11-02-2016, 12:58 PM
Platinum member

I was one of the 10 women who went to Cody's in Brownwood. First, let me say that I love Cody's in Sumter and it was the first time that I went to the one in Brownwood. We were going to celebrate one of the girl's birthday. We had a reservation for 5:30 on the patio and on arrival (on time) we were told they had to push some tables together and set up. Then we were led outside to a table that sat in a puddle with water leaking out of the wall splashing and puddling the floor and some of our seats. We waited for the mgr to be notified and to come see. We wanted to pull the tables out of the water area and sit down but were told to wait. The mgr came with a tool and stopped the water. We pulled tables out of puddle and then he showed up with a mop. OK stuff happens but what was the point of a reservation? It was another 25 mins before our drink order was taken so we asked if we could order our food at the same time. Waitress makes face and says it's only her 2nd day on the job and she didn't realize she was going to be thrown to the wolves. Huh?!?! Drinks arrive sporadically over another 20 min. period so we are holding off toasting birthday gal. Waitress starts to hand out salad plates to serve family style salad, two plates are dirty, we tell her, another face. Rolls are brought out, 2 baskets and she apologizes that 1 basket is overcooked but the other is alright. Overcooked were like hockey pucks so we asked for more rolls. Dinners start to arrive after quite a long wait but we're having a good time anyway. It's only her 2nd day so.... Dinners are being served in twos. Side dish choices are wrong, we let it go. 9 dinners served and are 1/2 way finished when waitress says to me quesedillas are on their way. I told her I ordered chicken fajitas. 8 of the other gals have finished eating. Waitress stops by and asks if we want more drinks, no thank you. Says my fajitas are coming. I told her to forget it everyone else is done. She brings them out anyway while we are waiting for our bills. I ate 1/2 and they were good. First bill has another diner's bill (who we do not know) but 1 gal's credit card. Another is charged for large filet when she ordered small. She said if it was small it would have been bacon wrapped. This girl is a visitor and only knows she ordered small. Bill is not corrected. My meal is not comped. OK with me but others in group can't believe it. All in all food was great. Waitress starts to give us sales pitch on Xmas gift card deal, REALLY?? Still waiting for rest of the bills. It was not busy. Patio practically empty because Rocky and the Rollers down in the square. 5 girls want to talk to mgr at front desk. Told he's busy. Asst. mgr listens to complaints and when told we understood girl is new, she says she's not new and that she had already complained to mgt about us. She says sorry about that. Another couple comes out and asks if we have his credit card because they can't find it. He has the name that was on the bill we got but not his card. They were still looking for it when we left. After dancing on the square, arrive home to find email from one of the girls, she was double billed. She calls mgr. and explains how the evening went. He says we should have asked for him. DUH! Several girls say that service at Brownwood Cody's is always miserable but this took the cake. We arrived just before 5:30 and didn't get out until after 8pm.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:46 PM
Veteran member

My experiences with Cody's are apparently quite different than the original poster. Though I haven't moved to TV quite yet (counting the days!), I've eaten at both Cody's several times and have always enjoyed the experience. The food has always been good or even excellent, the prices reasonable, the atmosphere good and the service good (even on New Year's Eve). In fact, I always make it a point to get to one or the other of the Cody's during our visits to our house. Perhaps I'm not discerning enough or demanding enough, I guess. I'm a meat & taters kind of guy who loves shucking and eating roasted peanuts so I'm a sucker for places like this.

I have not yet eaten at the new Texas Roadhouse in TV (though I've eaten there at other locations), which is perhaps the most direct competition to Cody's. I do LOVE the chili at Texas Roadhouse and perhaps once I'm there, I'll develop a preference for one place over the other. Since my house is at the south end, Cody's has the location advantage. For now, I remain pretty happy with them.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:08 PM
Veteran member

Just returned from Cody's at Brownwood. Sat at the bar and immediately ordered our drinks, placed dinner order, timely service, refills, fajitas were very good. The entertainment was GREAT by the way. I think we may go back tomorrow night. Yeah Cody's is horrible place ! (NOT)

Old 11-02-2016, 08:15 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
Just returned from Cody's at Brownwood. Sat at the bar and immediately ordered our drinks, placed dinner order, timely service, refills, fajitas were very good. The entertainment was GREAT by the way. I think we may go back tomorrow night. Yeah Cody's is horrible place ! (NOT)
Old 11-03-2016, 06:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
We go to Cody's often. Usually pretty good food and service. Once in a while they can be a little slow with the service.
Old 11-03-2016, 07:05 AM

Cody's ?.......it's right downtown , great view, decent food , good bar , good service......what's not to like ?
Old 11-04-2016, 12:45 AM

WHY do people set their sites on poor-to-awful service, punctuality, food quality, inept personnel and attitude??? I do not get it.
If you are paying for all or any of the above, would you not prefer to be treated fairly, competently and respectfully?
YOU ARE PAYING FOR THIS SERVICE.
Mediocre to horrific service/food doesn't cut it in my book.
I am NOT a food critic or NASTY WOMAN.
I am, however, a CUSTOMER and as such, I am the lifeblood of every single establishment I frequent.
Treat me as you deserve to be treated and you too will be happy when the bill is paid.
I lived on my tips for years and I appreciate people.
From management to waitstaff, the ball was bobbled, dropped and kicked into the lake at Cody's.
just sayin'.
Old 11-04-2016, 08:04 AM
Platinum member

I want to emphasize that it was the Brownwood location. Went to Cody's in Lake Sumter for fajita night. FANTASTIC! I really think it's a mgt problem in Brownwood. LSL Cody's the servers couldn't be nicer and really hustle doing their job. The whole place has a different atmosphere. Happy to serve and enjoy their jobs. That comes down from management.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmiata View Post
Cody's ?.......it's right downtown , great view, decent food , good bar , good service......what's not to like ?
We went to Sumter Cody's last night (group of 7). Food and drinks were fine!
It was very busy, and service was a bit slow, but we were catching up with friends and in no hurry.
We expect all popular restaurants to be busy, now that the Birds are arriving.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:02 PM
Gold member

Cody's started out great in Brownwood but now it is horrible. Crapy food and servoce! Last time we left a .42 cent tip and a long note to the waitress. They are so busty withthe tourists they don't have to be good.
Old 01-01-2017, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

[QUOTE=Shimpy;1313970]....So who can I believe?[/QUOTE

I find its best to take the I love it, I hate it with a grain of salt. I give a restaurant once to be ok and if second time has not improved, go to bottom of the list. We may try 6 months later, after all, by then may have new staff, manager and cooks.

Tags
location, wrong, food, positives, disappearing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.