Uh-oh, no go to Cody's (anywhere)

Closed Thread
Old 01-01-2017, 09:04 AM

We don't go to Codys in Brownwood and haven't for over a year. Twice I had problems with the food and it's not the problem things happen it's how they handled it. The manager was very rude both times. Once was a fly in the baked potato and once was a rib bone on my hamburger. They wouldn't even take anything off the bill. At first.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnobles View Post
We don't go to Codys in Brownwood and haven't for over a year. Twice I had problems with the food and it's not the problem things happen it's how they handled it. The manager was very rude both times. Once was a fly in the baked potato and once was a rib bone on my hamburger. They wouldn't even take anything off the bill. At first.
Like Judge Judy says

Did you eat the steak ?
Old 01-01-2017, 09:23 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Never had an issue with Cody's food or staff unless I don't get my peanuts.
Old 01-01-2017, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Well, here's to hoping it's better in 2017 Their food is generally pretty good and Brownwood is a lot more convenient for me than LSL
Old 01-01-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Like Judge Judy says

Did you eat the steak ?
No spoons as I saw the fly I stopped
Old 01-01-2017, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Your correct, if you have a problem at Cody's Brownwood, it's like an Act of Congress to get anyone (including the heavy set manager) to feel the need or obligation to want to make it good. I had the Sunday special pot roast lunch there (would never recommend it) and they brought me out a plate of gravy with a few tiny slivers of roast beef! I didn't intend on going away hungry so my wife and I asked nicely for them to recitify the situation and they made us feel like criminals in the process!! Finally after a lot of arguing back and forth, this same manager agreed to bring me out more potroast for my gravy but when it arrived it was a cup of gravy with only a few more thin slivers of beef in it! I believe the saying the customer is always right, doesn't apply here, even when the proof is on the plate.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
And I always say, why does it always have to fixed at the register?
Old 01-01-2017, 12:40 PM

I just remembered the manager's name who was so unhelpful to us...Todd. Is this the same manager who was so rude to you?
Old 01-01-2017, 12:51 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalier65 View Post
For the worst servers and management in The Villages area go to Cody's--any location. On Sun. 10/30 at Sumter location the service was 1. slow, 2. wrong orders, 3. disappearing server, 4. wrong bill. The positives were that the food is good and there was no obnoxious music to ruin the outside dining. Will not recommend.

Then on Monday ten women in our neighborhood went to Cody's in Brownwood--same story. Only this time there was obnoxious (1 man) music when sitting outside. My wife told me the horror story about the service and checks being overcharged, etc. That is two days in a row and two different locations--is there a message here?
Yep we could retell your story word for word experience for experience. Its clear management doesn't care. Its clear when the problem is service plus food that the only thing that would bring you back is if restaurant takes over.

I've been here 10 years and the quality of eateries has not improved with some notable exceptions. Something is missing in the success equation here?
Old 01-01-2017, 12:58 PM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=cavalier65;1313841]For the worst servers and management in The Villages area go to Cody's--any location. On Sun. 10/30 at Sumter location the service was 1. slow, 2. wrong orders, 3. disappearing server, 4. wrong bill. The positives were that the food is good and there was no obnoxious music to ruin the outside dining. Will not recommend.

Then on Monday ten women in our neighborhood went to Cody's in Brownwood--same story. Only this time there was obnoxious (1 man) music when sitting outside. My wife told me the horror story about the service and checks being overcharged, etc. That is two days in a row and two different locations--is there a message

Started to go in get seated and the noise was really gross. Left immediately, Never going back. (From bbbbbb)

Old 01-01-2017, 01:08 PM
Eternal Member

[QUOTE=bbbbbb;1340856]
Quote:
For the worst servers and management in The Villages area go to Cody's--any location. On Sun. 10/30 at Sumter location the service was 1. slow, 2. wrong orders, 3. disappearing server, 4. wrong bill. The positives were that the food is good and there was no obnoxious music to ruin the outside dining. Will not recommend.

Then on Monday ten women in our neighborhood went to Cody's in Brownwood--same story. Only this time there was obnoxious (1 man) music when sitting outside. My wife told me the horror story about the service and checks being overcharged, etc. That is two days in a row and two different locations--is there a message

Started to go in get seated and the noise was really gross. Left immediately, Never going back. (From bbbbbb)

I'm surprised they had entertainment Monday at Brownwood. They usually don't have any entertainment Sunday or Monday.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Never had an issue with Cody's food or staff unless I don't get my peanuts.
Same here.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:41 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Then on Monday ten women in our neighborhood went to Cody's in Brownwood--same story. Only this time there was obnoxious (1 man) music when sitting outside. My wife told me the horror story about the service and checks being overcharged, etc. That is two days in a row and two different locations--is there a message here?
I like Cody's at LSL in the summer. Not crowded and good service at the outside bar. I always pay with cash and I always double check my bill before I pay. Sorry this happened to you.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
location, wrong, food, positives, disappearing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.