In an upscale TV area restaurant, what soup would you like to see on the menu and....

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2015, 05:45 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Mais oui. It always has that Je ne sais quoi.

This not directed at you, Walter, but...Upscale pfffft. Most of us are trying to have our money outlive us. The PRICE is RIGHT at most local restaurants and most restaurants have at least a couple of items that are always delicious. And Chez Home is still open for good food, simply prepared...and.. There are amazingly good frozen entrees these days.

I really don't like food snobbery. Some folks think they are such gourmets. I think some of them are just picky eaters and their mom didn't make them eat what was on their plate. This is not directed at you Tomwed or anybody posting...it is just a rant. Now I feel better.
GG: Agree . I actually like so called peasant foods. In fact one definition of a gourmet cook is someone who can take simple ingredients and transforms it into a master piece .

As I said before in my family you were obligated to discuss politics and religion but boy tread carefully when it came to recipes that would get you into real trouble. Loved my mother's Italian wedding soup,and her pasta figioli, the former of which traveled to many weddings and funerals My wife's grandmothers cabbage and potato soup and beef barley were truly made in the Polish tradition as she emigrated from Poland.

My dad best friend did clambakes and made an outstanding Manhattan clam chowder. Boy do I miss the clambakes they had back home, and Jimmy's were outstanding. My movement from the beer to raw clams back to beer then to steamed clams back to beer corn, steak chicken sausage mushrooms and peppers past the Italian bread

Oh the topic as soup.... sorry
Old 09-27-2015, 08:04 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=graciegirl;1119999]I agree Walter. I am sappy a LOT.

I said nothing of the sort. Where did you get that from?
Old 09-27-2015, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[QUOTE=Walter123;1120232]
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I agree Walter. I am sappy a LOT.

I said nothing of the sort. Where did you get that from?

I don't blame you for thinkin' it.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:54 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=graciegirl;1120236]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post

I don't blame you for thinkin' it.
Didn't say it, wasn't thinkin' it. I guess you must feel guilty about something?
Closed Thread

Tags
soup, upscale, eating, restaurants, villages, bisque, [and, variations], potato, cream, mushroom, crab, pay, restaurateur, expect, menu, opinions, time, lot, experience

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.