What has happened to Palmer CC Restaurant?

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2017, 05:36 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd
Default What has happened to Palmer CC Restaurant?

I have always thought that Palmer restaurant was pretty good. A bit more expensive than others, but portions, service, and quality made it worth the extra. Something happened 3 or 4 months ago. I went there for lunch about mid February. The menu had changed a bit and I thought it was about time as they had always had the same menu for several years. Had a burger (Arnie burger no longer on the menu) so it was a bacon cheddar burger. Ordered it medium and it came out raw in the middle. That happens so sent it back and it was fixed. Still it was not really as good as in the past, was smaller than the past and was like $14. But just thought it was a glitch in the kitchen.

Went there Wednesday night and sat at the bar. Had a drink which was $4 and change with happy hour pricing, ordered a scallop pasta dish which was a very small portion, $34, 4 scallops and small amount of gnoch or something, a glass of wine which was one step above the house wine and $10 (past happy hour) so the bill was $51 with tax and $61 with tip. I am not opposed to spending that for a good meal. This was not a good meal. Very mediocre at best.

Something has changed. I saw another table near the bar send two meals back for some reason. This used to be a good place to go eat but I will now cross this off my list. Two of my favorite CC's have gone way down in quality and up in price in the past few months. I find myself more and more leaving the Villages to eat out.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:18 AM
Sage

There are IMHO only 3 CC left to eat out in TV--Hemingways, Nancy Lopez and the Cane Garden-- I too, have to agree with the original poster--Arnold has declined in quality & volume--

Went to the Bonefish the other day , corporate control & expertise is evident--able to feed loads pf customers with consistency of product
Old 04-14-2017, 07:17 AM
Gold member

Cane Garden is vey good. Lopez is better. Haven't had a bad experience at Palmer ... yet.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts

Many restaurants have succumbed to the poor service, poor food and high(er) pricing.

It is not like it is a big secret how to be a success in the food business!

Poor, ineffective, and most often, absentee management/ownership!!
Old 04-14-2017, 07:25 AM
Default Lopez

Went to Lopez and that to has gone down hill.Just crossed off list.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:16 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
I have always thought that Palmer restaurant was pretty good. A bit more expensive than others, but portions, service, and quality made it worth the extra. Something happened 3 or 4 months ago. I went there for lunch about mid February. The menu had changed a bit and I thought it was about time as they had always had the same menu for several years. Had a burger (Arnie burger no longer on the menu) so it was a bacon cheddar burger. Ordered it medium and it came out raw in the middle. That happens so sent it back and it was fixed. Still it was not really as good as in the past, was smaller than the past and was like $14. But just thought it was a glitch in the kitchen.

Went there Wednesday night and sat at the bar. Had a drink which was $4 and change with happy hour pricing, ordered a scallop pasta dish which was a very small portion, $34, 4 scallops and small amount of gnoch or something, a glass of wine which was one step above the house wine and $10 (past happy hour) so the bill was $51 with tax and $61 with tip. I am not opposed to spending that for a good meal. This was not a good meal. Very mediocre at best.

Something has changed. I saw another table near the bar send two meals back for some reason. This used to be a good place to go eat but I will now cross this off my list. Two of my favorite CC's have gone way down in quality and up in price in the past few months. I find myself more and more leaving the Villages to eat out.
While a few are worse there is not one country club that stands out here in TV.

you would believe that given people move her from all over the world that the area would be teeming with quality restaurants but that is not the case. what's missing here ????????????? I don't know .

I will say that we got a good meal a the Greek place
( americaconos sp) in spanish springs
Old 04-14-2017, 02:21 PM

Lopez is our favorite.
We like Cane Garden for the prime rib.

Glenview is our next favorite, we started going there after a 2+ year hiatus.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:22 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

And if you like that greek place, go to Taverna Manos Mediterranean Grille in Crystal river. About half the cost and significantly better. Better food, better service and much lower prices. Only about 35 minutes away out 44.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:01 PM
Platinum member

Palmer hit my S@%t list after the massive roach infestation. No way a health inspector can find over one hundred roaches that staff was unaware of.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
And if you like that greek place, go to Taverna Manos Mediterranean Grille in Crystal river. About half the cost and significantly better. Better food, better service and much lower prices. Only about 35 minutes away out 44.
35 minutes ???..........more like an hour. I go to Crackers in Crystal River and takes about an hour and 5 minutes from near Lake Miona. Inverness takes 35 minutes.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:07 PM

I too have crossed off Palmer from my list of places to eat. Food quality has gone down while prices have gone up. There really isn't a good cc to eat at. Sorry Cane - maybe
Old 04-14-2017, 06:12 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Winkler View Post
Lopez is our favorite.
We like Cane Garden for the prime rib.

Glenview is our next favorite, we started going there after a 2+ year hiatus.
Went to Glenview tonite and had the saltiest lobster roll ever
Old 04-15-2017, 09:25 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
35 minutes ???..........more like an hour. I go to Crackers in Crystal River and takes about an hour and 5 minutes from near Lake Miona. Inverness takes 35 minutes.
I love the fish at Crackers.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Palmer is not a seafood restaurant, that's for sure.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
good, past, menu, burger, thought

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.