What's happened to Bonifay?

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Unhappy What's happened to Bonifay?

The last two times we've eaten at Bonifay our vegetables have arrived cold. A few weeks ago our golf group ate at Bonifay and the servers were rude and acted like it was a real chore for them to be serving us. What's going on? Bonifay use to be a great restaurant? Maybe they sent all the good cooks and servers over to Evans Prairie. They'll end up like Havana if they're not careful.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

They sent the manager to Evans Prairie and management owns 100% of all problems with any business. So who ever the new manager at Bonifay is not doing the same job as the one who went to Evans Praire.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:50 PM
Veteran member

The food is still good at
Bonifay but I have noticed that the place is in need of a thorough cleaning. If you go to the restrooms take a look at the signs above the doors; the rope hangers are covered in dust. and look up at the vent in the ceiling....so dirty.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

the main reason why so many retaurants fail in TV where to have a success is oh so easy.....
Good food
good srvice
good help
clean
reasonable price....

the ones that failed and closed deserved to do so.

Also it helps if EVERYONE who is disappointed or dis-satisfied asks for the manager/owner.......if they are not present....enough said!!!

btk
Old 04-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
the main reason why so many retaurants fail in TV where to have a success is oh so easy.....
Good food
good srvice
good help
clean
reasonable price....

the ones that failed and closed deserved to do so.

Also it helps if EVERYONE who is disappointed or dis-satisfied asks for the manager/owner.......if they are not present....enough said!!!

btk

I agree, just stay with the basics. I love Bonifay because of the smoking policy. This and Evans Prarie are the only two outside bars in TV where you can have a drink and not have smoke blown in your face.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Sage

Just had brunch there yesterday! Food was great as was the service. The manager even came around and asked how things were going!!! Two thumbs up!!

Had Easter brunch there as well and it was wonderful. Was told approx 30 minute wait but it was faster than that for our party. They also had a very good combo and singer on the patio!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:30 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpkinp View Post
I agree, just stay with the basics. I love Bonifay because of the smoking policy. This and Evans Prarie are the only two outside bars in TV where you can have a drink and not have smoke blown in your face.
I never knew that, thanks for that information. I have been to both and they were always packed . So I guess not letting people smoke , doesn't hurt business there.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Dancing Thyme

I have been to Bonifay a lot lately and have not experienced the problems stated on this thread. The service has been absolutely incredible, the food delicious and yesterday when I was there, the restroom was immaculate. Sorry to hear of your problems with Bonifay but I would definitely tell the manager as he is a very nice guy and I think quite professional and he does listen to his customers.

To the OP, please don't wish that any restaurant would become as bad as Havana. We couldn't stand another place that bad, lol.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-10-2013, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
I have been to Bonifay a lot lately and have not experienced the problems stated on this thread. The service has been absolutely incredible, the food delicious and yesterday when I was there, the restroom was immaculate. Sorry to hear of your problems with Bonifay but I would definitely tell the manager as he is a very nice guy and I think quite professional and he does listen to his customers.

To the OP, please don't wish that any restaurant would become as bad as Havana. We couldn't stand another place that bad, lol.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:00 AM
Sage

I feel there is a connection between customer attitude and service. I have witnessed some quite rude behavior from patrons like snapping fingers and HEY being hollered at the wait staff. Make eye contact and give a nice smile and a greeting.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:17 PM

My golf group had a bad experience at Bonifay and told them we would leave and go to Beef O'Brady's. They did the backstroke to keep us there, but I have not been back.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Veteran member

took our out-of-town guests there for lunch on Saturday. Great food, great service....keep up the good job!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:09 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

Maybe the "high rolling" and big tipping snowbirds have flown north. Smaller tips makes for poorer service. Maybe the cooks finally got some vacation-----whatever is going on we got less service this past Friday evening and the food was below average too. Bonifay has always been better. However, one mediocre dinner does not mean that we won't return. Even the best of restaurants have "off" times.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:36 AM
Veteran member
Default Bonifay

We had dinner here last night. Husbad had the filet mignon, looked gorgeous, he said it was very tasty and cooked to perfection. I had seafood pasta, ok, not great, but it was full of big juicy shrimp though
A bottle of FlipFlop Chardonay, excellent!! Will be having that one again.
Alan, our waiter, could not have been nicer, lovely lad.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:00 AM
Gold member

Total Wine sells Flip Flop for $4.99 a bottle.
How is it?
What flavors do you taste ie oak, butter.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.