World of Beer

Closed Thread
Old 09-01-2013, 10:03 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

My neighbor applied to work there, she told me that this is the 1st location to serve food.

Call or txt anytime @ (352) 388-1677

Tom@VillagerAV.com
Old 09-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Platinum member

We got invites to their soft opening tonight and chose to sit outside. Erin was our server. My better half had a Young's Double Stout and I had a Local Coast Tangerine Wheat. Our friends had Black & Tan, Florida Avenue Ale, Left Hand Sawtooth Nitro and a Delirium Tremens. They were all on the house. Entertainment, raffles and lots of partying inside in an overwhelming noise level. At the end of her shift, Erin will have put in 14 hours in one stretch. We met Adam too. This place will be packed when the snowbirds come back, so try it now before the article about their Grand Opening gets in the Daily Sun.

Skip
Old 09-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillagesAV.com View Post
My neighbor applied to work there, she told me that this is the 1st location to serve food.
Not true. Other locations have their Tavern Fare too.

Skip
Old 09-01-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRX View Post
If you're going to compare this place to happy hour $2 yeunglings at the country clubs, then this is not the place for you. But, if you'd like to try a bunch of beers that are unusual and generally not available in this area, then this might be a place to try. I've liked beer for a long time, and for most of my life I've been very happy with a Bud or a Miller. But when the craft beer revolution happened in the 90's, I found that learning about different beers and tasting and enjoying them was a nice hobby. For me, I'm willing to pay the higher prices for the new experiences. I recognize that there are others who aren't. If you do go, and are a little overwhelmed by all the choices, they offer a flight of 4 of the seasonal beers on tap. Beer tasting is as much fun as wine tasting, and in beer tasting we don't spit! John.....I did see some pub grub on their menu, but since we didn't stay I didn't take a close look at it.
Your post is right on, and as an avid beer taster who loves her dark and mysterious german brews, I look forward to trying some of their unusual beers. It is not for the price conscious, and I will not spend all my entertainment hours there for that reason, but it will be fun on occassion to splurge.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,741 Times in 1,382 Posts

"Soft" openings are usually not intended to work out the bugs and train.
The better run retailers and food establishments will always do their training and debugging before opening....hard or soft.
Incidents like the misuse of a patron's card without comment are a sure sign of inexperience...and that may be more than just the server.

I would like to think things like this are isolated incidents and they are for the most part ready to go.

I have participated in several soft openings, specifically soliciting customer reactions and making changes if need be and then have a knock em dead grand opening.

As has already been stated if you are looking for TV happy hour 2 for ones, this is not the place for you. They will no doubt run special promotions of one type or another......but not like Yingling twofers.

Remember if there is something you did not like ask for the owner/manager...it is the only way to help them be successful.

btk
Old 09-02-2013, 06:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
"Soft" openings are usually not intended to work out the bugs and train.
The better run retailers and food establishments will always do their training and debugging before opening....hard or soft.
Incidents like the misuse of a patron's card without comment are a sure sign of inexperience...and that may be more than just the server.

I would like to think things like this are isolated incidents and they are for the most part ready to go.

I have participated in several soft openings, specifically soliciting customer reactions and making changes if need be and then have a knock em dead grand opening.

As has already been stated if you are looking for TV happy hour 2 for ones, this is not the place for you. They will no doubt run special promotions of one type or another......but not like Yingling twofers.

Remember if there is something you did not like ask for the owner/manager...it is the only way to help them be successful.

btk
Hit the nail square on the head..Great Post
Old 09-02-2013, 06:52 AM
Eternal Member

We went yesterday. We had a ticket which got you a free beer. They were letting people in without tickets. I'm not a beer drinker, but I did try a couple that were very good and they were $4.00. Big glasses.
Several menu items. Appetizers, a giant pretzel, salads, flatbreads, burgers, sliders, grilled cheese, rueben and other things.
They will have a hard time with mixed drinks. $5.00 and up.
Not really a full bar. Lots of things they didn't have.
I hope they do well. Everyone was enjoying their beer. Didn't hear much complaining from the beer drinkers about the prices. We had several friends that were there.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:33 AM
Veteran member

Saw this on the **************.com.......food on the table.

World of Beer opening today at Brownwood Paddock Square - **************: The Villages, Lady Lake, Wildwood, Fruitland Park
Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had enough time before to truly appreciate the beauty of my grandchild, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,543 Times in 1,307 Posts

at least they will be open late
Old 09-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Eternal Member

So here is what I drank at World of Beer yesterday. I told them I like Coors Light. So I had the Narragansett Lager. It was very good. Gary got the Radeberger Pilsner. I drank 1/2 of his. It was good. I also tried Florida Native Lager and Whittekerke which were all good. Mine was $4.00 in a large glass.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,543 Times in 1,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
So here is what I drank at World of Beer yesterday. I told them I like Coors Light. So I had the Narragansett Lager. It was very good. Gary got the Radeberger Pilsner. I drank 1/2 of his. It was good. I also tried Florida Native Lager and Whittekerke which were all good. Mine was $4.00 in a large glass.
$4 for a how many ounce? fat tire is $6 for 12oz
Old 09-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
$4 for a how many ounce? fat tire is $6 for 12oz
It was a big glass. My guess it was a 20 oz. glass. Bigger then the 14 oz. glasses I see some use.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriaGrandparents2013 View Post
Thanks for posting. Looks like a fun place. Can't wait to try it. I hope they do well.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:19 AM
Gold member
Default pints

Craft beers are typically sold in pints (16 oz), sometimes Imperial pints (20 oz). There is a World of Beer in Columbus, OH, where we are this summer, but only Ohioboy has been to this one. There has been some kind of craft beer explosion here in Ohio since we've been back - some kind of law change in the liquor licensing. There are numerous places where you can have a growler filled.

Anyone know if you can fill a growler at World of Beer in The Villages? Not sure what the Florida laws on this are.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Veteran member

Growlers not allowed in FL. Florida's "growler bill" dies in the Senate - southflorida.com
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.