World of Beer

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Default Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyCajunPugs View Post
Please lets give this new restaurant a chance...they just opened and need to work out the bugs. We need more restaurants down south and instant negative publicity will not help. Everyone knew world of beer will be higher priced because of the atmosphere, decor, and the great expensive beers they offer, so lets compare apples to apples and beers to beers. Can't wait to try it !!!
I have been to many other WOB's and was excitedly waiting for this one to open! This is huge for The Villages! If you are the $2 Bud person this is most likely NOT the place for you. They do have wine and mixed drinks but if you LOVE good craft beer then carry on! Double Chocolate Stout, IPA, Double IPAs, German Wheat, oh the choices are endless..... Enjoy!!

Life's Too Short!! Go for it!!
STEPHANIE
Old 09-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,543 Times in 1,307 Posts

yup wine but not a great list..so go with the beer
Old 09-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
yup wine but not a great list..so go with the beer
Hence the name World of Beer instead of World of Wine I suppose.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephsan View Post
I have been to many other WOB's and was excitedly waiting for this one to open! This is huge for The Villages! If you are the $2 Bud person this is most likely NOT the place for you. They do have wine and mixed drinks but if you LOVE good craft beer then carry on! Double Chocolate Stout, IPA, Double IPAs, German Wheat, oh the choices are endless..... Enjoy!!
That's the spirit! When a beer joint opens up it's considered something "huge".
Old 09-02-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
So here is what I drank at World of Beer yesterday. I told them I like Coors Light. So I had the Narragansett Lager. It was very good. Gary got the Radeberger Pilsner. I drank 1/2 of his. It was good. I also tried Florida Native Lager and Whittekerke which were all good. Mine was $4.00 in a large glass.
You made me laugh! Didn't you say you were not a beer drinker in a previous post..sounds like a change is coming on.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Sage

I love a good IPA, but won't be happy if I have to pay more than $4. Just my opinion.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,274 Times in 2,360 Posts
Default What Cliff told Norm about beer.

One night at Cheers, Cliff Clavin said to his buddy, Norm Peterson:
"Well, ya see, Norm, it's like this.. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members! ; In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine! That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers
Old 09-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Gold member

Good one Bogie! Really funny.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve2278 View Post
You made me laugh! Didn't you say you were not a beer drinker in a previous post..sounds like a change is coming on.
Nope I drink about 3 - 5 beers a year. Just wanted to give things a try and check everything out.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:50 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
One night at Cheers, Cliff Clavin said to his buddy, Norm Peterson:
"Well, ya see, Norm, it's like this.. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members! ; In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine! That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers
Thanks for the laugh!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Went to WOB tonight with another couple. Place was packed. We got a seat nice waitress explained everything, joined the loyalty program and tried several different beers. All was good. Tried both draft and bottles. Will definitely be going back. It's not a common beer place , it's a craft beer place they do have a happy hour and specialty nights so give them a try. The official opening is set for Sept. 28th so they have time to work the bugs out.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,543 Times in 1,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Nope I drink about 3 - 5 beers a year. Just wanted to give things a try and check everything out.
so when does your year end? if its in the begining you need to change that 3 to 5
Old 09-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
so when does your year end? if its in the begining you need to change that 3 to 5
Ha ha LOL
Old 09-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Sage

Craft brewery near us sells 2 oz shooters of their beers for about $1 each when you buy a tray of 10 or more.

Bear Republic Brewing Company - Sonoma County, CA

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

We went to World of Beer for lunch yesterday. I have to say it will be one of our favorite places for sure even though we are closer to 42! Food was awesome, best brats we have had since moving here 11 years ago! Coleslaw was wonderful! Let me say I am not a beer drinker normally don't like the stuff but I tried their wheat ale blueberry beer (after tasting a sample which the waitress brought out several for me to try) I loved it!!! My husband loved the Ale he got also. both ours were $5 each and I was ok with that especially since were not huge drinkers. Love the place , service was great and the young girl who served us had done her studying she never once had to say let me go check on that. Loved it but come snowbird season since it is somewhat small it's going to be packed!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.