World of Beer

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2013, 11:21 AM

We have been to multiple World of Beer joints, and never one that had food before. I think their food menu has some nice choices on it. We love IPA's also and there are usually several to choose from.

We went on Tuesday around 5:30, no room to sit inside. Started to sit outside but it was too hot, so went back in to a now empty table. Service was SO slow, it took an hour to get 3 beers. Hubby ordered one and I ordered a taste of the pumpkin beer. When the waitress brought his beer, I ordered the pumpkin....he was long finished with his before I got mine. I do hope they get the bugs worked out because it seemed like wait staff just grabbed tables here and there, rather than working in a section. We had wanted to order food but were so frustrated at the length of time to get drinks we chose to eat elsewhere.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yucatan2 View Post
We have been to multiple World of Beer joints, and never one that had food before. I think their food menu has some nice choices on it. We love IPA's also and there are usually several to choose from.

We went on Tuesday around 5:30, no room to sit inside. Started to sit outside but it was too hot, so went back in to a now empty table. Service was SO slow, it took an hour to get 3 beers. Hubby ordered one and I ordered a taste of the pumpkin beer. When the waitress brought his beer, I ordered the pumpkin....he was long finished with his before I got mine. I do hope they get the bugs worked out because it seemed like wait staff just grabbed tables here and there, rather than working in a section. We had wanted to order food but were so frustrated at the length of time to get drinks we chose to eat elsewhere.

What was your total bill for the three beers and what did you tip the server?
Old 09-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Sage

We went there and think it is a great addition to TV. But, WOB Management, please take note:

With the volume of patrons who will want to dine and drink there, it is a mistake to not have at least some beer taps (maybe daily featured ones) and bar equipment at the outdoor patio bar.

With the bartenders having to go inside for every drink, it will slow things down and patrons will get frustrated and leave as Yucatan2 described. When January population hits Brownwood, WOB needs to be able to serve more people faster. We want the businesses there to succeed.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:43 PM

As for the comment on how long will they last ? A prediction.. A Very Long Time.

News Flash: They have droves of customers to fill the place every day/night..and guess what the snowbirds will be arriving very soon..they have zero concerns..None that is a simple fact.

There are plenty of Liquor Stores, also, Winn Dixie/Publix/Sweetbay/ choose your beer plenty of choices, toss it in the fridge, grab some nuts/pretzels, chill out, all without the hassle.

Grab a movie, put your feet up..stay loose.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:05 AM

Went to World of Beers last night and had a wonderful time. The wait staff was very knowledgeable about the products, the prices were not bad for craft beers. If you want bud light 2 for 1...its not the place for you. But if you enjoy different craft beers. It is great. The general manager (originally from Leominster Mass) was very pleasant. I will definitely be back!
Old 09-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yucatan2 View Post

Rule #1. When it is crowded and the service is slow - ALWAYS order two rounds for the table and when the server brings them order another round. That way you will not get thirsty.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:27 PM

Oh well, bugs need to be worked out and we're there when we get back to TV. If they have a full house now, what will it be like this winter?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.