Worst Chinese Food Ever !!

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2017, 02:08 PM
Sage

It was old , left over that's why it was rubbery & the veggies were too- veggies with no color or bounce have been hanging around along time
Old 01-16-2017, 02:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The Villages Florida

Waiting in line for good Chinese...No cutting !!!
Old 01-16-2017, 05:41 PM

OMG, I'm going there in October!
Old 01-16-2017, 07:25 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,609 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Believe it or not, the worst Chinese food I ever had was in China---9 straight days of the same crap for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The meat would not pass FDA inspection for dog food. The veggies were at least 3 days past peak and often brown instead of green. It was the only vacation I ever lost 12 pounds on.
Perhaps we were on the same tour! Ugh!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 01-16-2017, 10:06 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
No, I'm really not a person that kids around. Why do you think I'm kidding? Have you eaten there before and you're surprised that there is another person that likes it, or are you one of those that only eats at the hooty, snooty places and looks down on those that find enjoyable food at a place you wouldn't dare be seen in? To each their own.
I ate at Panda once. Maybe it was a bad day for them or maybe it's what some people consider good Chinese food. Each to his own. If you like it, that's what you should eat. If you knew anything about Chinatown you'd know that there is nothing hooty or snooty about these places. The streets are narrow, sidewalks are extremely crowded and fish and vegetable vendors line the sidewalks. Many, if not most restaurants are tiny storefronts. There are a few fancy places but not a place I used to go for lunch on a workday.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:09 AM
Gold member

I agree!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2017, 08:01 AM
Sage

In Chinatown, lots of the restaurants are specialty shops- some are noodle stores, some are duck, some are crab,snails & lobsters--while others are fish-some are Dim Sum--personal favorite was Dim Sum Hong Kong style--the food is brought to tables on carts, you pick what you want & the server punches your ticket--to keep score
Old 01-17-2017, 09:35 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Coming from Chicago, my opinion is there are NO good "Chinese" restaurants here. The only place we go to is Bamboo Bistro which is Asian Fusion. Food is always very fresh and delicious, service is very good! The other night for $14.99 I had my favorite which is the Shrimp Moo Goo Gai Pan, the shrimp were huge and plentiful. Always take half home there's so much! Koyame is ok probably the best of anyone the others but after being there several times and the food having a burnt oil taste to it so we don't go unless were desperate. So may places here do not use the veggies I'm used to like bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, some will give you one or 2 snow pea pods, and a couple of water chestnuts. Sorry just peas and carrots in my fried rice don't cut it.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:40 AM
Veteran member

Wow! Seriously? Have not gone yet. Why didn't you try out the place first?

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 01-17-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
In Chinatown, lots of the restaurants are specialty shops- some are noodle stores, some are duck, some are crab,snails & lobsters--while others are fish-some are Dim Sum--personal favorite was Dim Sum Hong Kong style--the food is brought to tables on carts, you pick what you want & the server punches your ticket--to keep score
Can you get there by golf cart?
Old 01-19-2017, 09:59 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
No, I'm really not a person that kids around. Why do you think I'm kidding? Have you eaten there before and you're surprised that there is another person that likes it, or are you one of those that only eats at the hooty, snooty places and looks down on those that find enjoyable food at a place you wouldn't dare be seen in? To each their own.
There's a "hooty, snooty place(s)" in TV? Where is it? I want to try something not from a lousy chain restaurant.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOB View Post
Can you get there by golf cart?
Not yet, but give the developers a few more years
Old 01-21-2017, 04:17 AM
Veteran member

I can honestly say, that we have had just one good Chinese dinner in all the years we have been visiting Florida!! This was on Marco Island. Superb food!!
The restaurant on Wedgwood lane in TV ? One visit only, never again. The server kept her outdoor coat on the whole time ? My chicken, nasty came with a 3 inch rusty spring embedded in it. No apology, nothing. Gross!!
Old 01-21-2017, 06:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritParrothead View Post
I can honestly say, that we have had just one good Chinese dinner in all the years we have been visiting Florida!! This was on Marco Island. Superb food!!
The restaurant on Wedgwood lane in TV ? One visit only, never again. The server kept her outdoor coat on the whole time ? My chicken, nasty came with a 3 inch rusty spring embedded in it. No apology, nothing. Gross!!
there's a place in Orlando/Kissimmee about 1/2 mile from the Peabody Hotel that I think was called the Emperor of China or something similar. We ate there in 1992 and it was fantastic. The chef was an internationally recognized master, they even held cooking classes there. No idea if it is still there or if that chef still runs it.
Closed Thread

Tags
steamed, disposal, joint--go, koyame--even, total

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.