WTG Square 1

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2014, 08:32 PM
Platinum member
Default WTG Square 1

We don't often go to places like Square 1 due to health restrictions but after a late game of golf today we were both tempted by junk food! I remembered getting a BOGO email offer from Square 1 so we figured they'd be pretty busy but not being in a hurry we went anyway. We waited about 15 minutes to be seated on the patio, placed our order with Crystal pretty quickly and had a bit of a wait to get our orders. It was a nice evening and we weren't in a hurry so we did not complain. A manager brought our order after about 20 minutes, apologized profusely for our wait and gave us a check with a zero balance! We protested but Crystal said she was sorry for the wait and wanted to be sure we returned! Our FREE dinner was very good and service was flawless!
Old 11-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

We have eaten there several times and have always had a good experience. They are victims of their own success during the dinner rush, but everything else makes up for an occasional delay in dinner.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyquat View Post
We don't often go to places like Square 1 due to health restrictions but after a late game of golf today we were both tempted by junk food! I remembered getting a BOGO email offer from Square 1 so we figured they'd be pretty busy but not being in a hurry we went anyway. We waited about 15 minutes to be seated on the patio, placed our order with Crystal pretty quickly and had a bit of a wait to get our orders. It was a nice evening and we weren't in a hurry so we did not complain. A manager brought our order after about 20 minutes, apologized profusely for our wait and gave us a check with a zero balance! We protested but Crystal said she was sorry for the wait and wanted to be sure we returned! Our FREE dinner was very good and service was flawless!
Now, that's customer service!!! I have been there a few times, had dinner at the bar (my myself), dinner with friends a few times, and also take out orders. I have found the staff very accommodating, very nice, food was very good and I intend to take them up on their BOGO offer very soon.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 11-05-2014, 09:51 PM
Gold member

They are wise business people. Their investment in kindness and gracious manner will pay them huge dividends later on. That's the concept on which the developers built this beautiful, thriving place. Then the customers are so pleased they do most of the advertising for them, by word of mouth.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:23 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Now, that's customer service!!! I have been there a few times, had dinner at the bar (my myself), dinner with friends a few times, and also take out orders. I have found the staff very accommodating, very nice, food was very good and I intend to take them up on their BOGO offer very soon.
Just so you know, the current BOGO offer is for today and tomorrow (not sure if you need the BOGO email or not).
Old 11-06-2014, 12:29 AM

the get one has to be under $10-not many choices so not really a bogo????
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 11-06-2014, 06:45 AM
Veteran member

We ate there several times on our visit last month and it was our favorite! Their Bacon Bleu Burger is absolutely the best thing I ever put in my mouth! We also found the service to be above average. For anyone interested, they do allow dogs on their patio and bring them their own bowl of water. I can't recommend them enough. I thought they were FABULOUS!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 11-06-2014, 07:05 AM
Veteran member

Just curious, but is 20 minutes really considered a LONG wait? That's pretty amazing, I would call that pretty normal just to make sure everything was cooked enough. Also, what is BOGO?
Old 11-06-2014, 07:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
Just curious, but is 20 minutes really considered a LONG wait? That's pretty amazing, I would call that pretty normal just to make sure everything was cooked enough. Also, what is BOGO?
I agree. If I was comped a meal because I waited 20 minutes I would never have to pay. Hmmmmm.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:53 AM

BOGO is buy one get one free.
Old 11-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
I agree and we tried to explain that we were ok with it but they insisted on comping the bill! There are enough under $10 choices to make the BOGO (buy one, get one free) well,worth your while!
Old 11-07-2014, 06:52 AM
Veteran member

I wish I was comped at the doctor's office after waiting 30 minutes or more. It's a good thing that doctors don't manage restaurants.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:39 AM
Eternal Member

We went yesterday about 4:00 and used the coupon. We each had a drink then we both ordered the All American hamburger. I got onion rings and hubby got fries. It was very good.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Gold member

We went there yesterday (two couples) at about 6:00PM. None of us had been at this restaurant before. There was a crowd waiting - their computers were down and they said they were not able to seat people for at least an hour. So we went down the road to Evans Prairie (my first time there), were immediately seated, and had an excellent dinner.
Old 11-07-2014, 09:12 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
We went there yesterday (two couples) at about 6:00PM. None of us had been at this restaurant before. There was a crowd waiting - their computers were down and they said they were not able to seat people for at least an hour. So we went down the road to Evans Prairie (my first time there), were immediately seated, and had an excellent dinner.
That must have been right after we left. We left just about 5:00 and there was a line waiting. The place was packed.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.