It's time for your last feeding of the year

Closed Thread
Old 11-17-2016, 09:55 AM
Default It's time for your last feeding of the year

Just a friendly reminder to remind everyone to feed their Palms for the last time this season. We recommend to all of our customers to feed their Palms in March, July, and November. Do "NOT" feed them after November, if we have a freeze it will do more harm then good. It will hurt the new growth coming out of the crown of the tree. Wait with your first feeding until March by then we are usually past the chance of any freezing temps here in central Florida. We recommend using Lesco 8-2-12 fertilizer for all your Palms, this fertilizer works very well, you can find this fertilizer at John Deere Landscaping in Leesburg. I would also like to take this time to thank all of our customers, for letting us make their landscaping projects come true for them.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Thanks for the reminder.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:05 PM

Appreciate the regular help you provide here. It is so nice to just get some intelligent information from a Landscaper (without the phony "praise" one of your competitor's heap on themselves)
Old 12-25-2016, 08:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rons Landscaping View Post
Just a friendly reminder to remind everyone to feed their Palms for the last time this season. We recommend to all of our customers to feed their Palms in March, July, and November. Do "NOT" feed them after November, if we have a freeze it will do more harm then good. It will hurt the new growth coming out of the crown of the tree. Wait with your first feeding until March by then we are usually past the chance of any freezing temps here in central Florida. We recommend using Lesco 8-2-12 fertilizer for all your Palms, this fertilizer works very well, you can find this fertilizer at John Deere Landscaping in Leesburg. I would also like to take this time to thank all of our customers, for letting us make their landscaping projects come true for them.

University of Florida's research shows that applying palm fertilizer after October increases chances of problems in palm trees. The months are March, July and September (the absolute latest being October). I am including a link to fertilizing palms in Sumter County which was written by extension horticulturist, Jim Davis. http://sumter.ifas.ufl.edu/FFL/docum...mFactSheet.pdf
Old 12-26-2016, 05:13 AM
Email Reported As Spam

The instruction on fertilizer package tell you when to begin and when to end fertilizing. My lawn people take care of fertilizing my palms
Old 12-26-2016, 11:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The instruction on fertilizer package tell you when to begin and when to end fertilizing. My lawn people take care of fertilizing my palms
And they probably use lawn fertilizer. Lesco Palm fertilizer has been especially formulated for this area for palms. While lawn fertilizer should not be used on palms, the Lesco palm fertilizer is great on lawns.
Old 12-26-2016, 12:42 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by big guy View Post
And they probably use lawn fertilizer. Lesco Palm fertilizer has been especially formulated for this area for palms. While lawn fertilizer should not be used on palms, the Lesco palm fertilizer is great on lawns.
I'll ask them
Closed Thread

Tags
time, palms, feed, fertilizer, march

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.