A (tongue in check) profile of an "out of control" TOTV Political Talk Forum contribu

Old 07-28-2009, 05:34 AM
n/a

Default A (tongue in check) profile of an "out of control" TOTV Political Talk Forum contribu

A (tongue in cheek) profile of an "out of control" TOTV Political Talk Forum contributor.

Often is the case that I really haven't got much going in my life and maybe my spouse and friends don't talk with you or give me support and recognition. I feel alone and unloved. I turn mean and unreasonably disagreeable which results in pushing even more people away from me. I seek out someone who will at least recognize that I exist. I become frustrated and start storing up all the dissatisfaction and the resulting venom that I can pull together for the day that I find an avenue in which I can spew forth.

I've discovered the TOTV Political Forum. It doesn't matter if I live in The Villages or even if I ever intend to live in The Villages. I have died and gone to heaven! I have nothing else to do except lurk in the background until I find just one other person who may agree with me. I don't really care about them or about what others may think. I am NOT prone to contemplating an opposing view. I need someone to recognize you. I don't even need them to like me - just to know that I exist. I keep checking back to see if anyone responds. I especially like someone to disagree with me. I have no life except for my on-line life. I find that I am making ten, twenty or maybe even thirty posts a day. I count the number of responses. I start looking for links or quotes that may support my viewpoint as I am running out of original material. I am in the game and that is what is important.

...but I'm getting help!

I told you it was fictitious - One could find that they can be drawn to it like the moth to a flame! Luckily, I have a life.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:45 AM
n/a

Default Sometimes I agree....................

You are spot on about some posters. (At times.) BUT some people are very considered and fair. (At times)

I try to stay out of the political forums. I have seen frightening things on there.

I have just grown into the opinion that NO political party is always right or hold all of the truths. AND there isn't a career politician that doesn't kick his conscience under the bed sometimes.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:40 AM
n/a

Default With three posts to the thread originators history

one must wonder what the purpose of the post is in the first place. Is it called trolling or baiting.

TOTV is like reading the newspaper except you get to talk back. And like the newspaper, when one observes anything not to their liking...put it down...ya don't have ta read it!!

btk
Old 07-28-2009, 07:18 AM
n/a

There are many people who are enjoy reading newspapers, watching television or listening to radio talk shows. Talk of The Villages is an extension of those pursuits. It is a compliment to the administrators of this board when people are "drawn to it". It is testimony to the notion that we have created an interesting place to be. What greater thing could we hope to do?

If a person wants to spend "more" or "less" time on TOTV than I do, I find no fault with that. An individual should not be said to need "to get a life" because they enjoy this forum as their "get-a-way" or "hobby."

Could I say that people who play golf 3 or 4 times a week (like my neighbor) should "get a life."

My wife "power" walks several miles twice a day. Does she need to "get a life."

Oh, and how about the people who go to mass "EVERY DAY?" What about their life, do they need one.

Some of this stuff ain't my cup of tea, I have my own life doing the things that I enjoy. To each his own and no criticism from me.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:14 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
A (tongue in cheek) profile of an "out of control" TOTV Political Talk Forum contributor.

Often is the case that I really haven't got much going in my life and maybe my spouse and friends don't talk with you or give me support and recognition. I feel alone and unloved. I turn mean and unreasonably disagreeable which results in pushing even more people away from me. I seek out someone who will at least recognize that I exist. I become frustrated and start storing up all the dissatisfaction and the resulting venom that I can pull together for the day that I find an avenue in which I can spew forth.

I've discovered the TOTV Political Forum. It doesn't matter if I live in The Villages or even if I ever intend to live in The Villages. I have died and gone to heaven! I have nothing else to do except lurk in the background until I find just one other person who may agree with me. I don't really care about them or about what others may think. I am NOT prone to contemplating an opposing view. I need someone to recognize you. I don't even need them to like me - just to know that I exist. I keep checking back to see if anyone responds. I especially like someone to disagree with me. I have no life except for my on-line life. I find that I am making ten, twenty or maybe even thirty posts a day. I count the number of responses. I start looking for links or quotes that may support my viewpoint as I am running out of original material. I am in the game and that is what is important.

...but I'm getting help!

I told you it was fictitious - One could find that they can be drawn to it like the moth to a flame! Luckily, I have a life.
Interesting post. Some good food for thought.

Since this is a public forum, one can say what they want I guess. But since it is "public" I think people should consider what they say in public.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:51 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You are spot on about some posters. (At times.) BUT some people are very considered and fair. (At times)

I try to stay out of the political forums. I have seen frightening things on there.

I have just grown into the opinion that NO political party is always right or hold all of the truths. AND there isn't a career politician that doesn't kick his conscience under the bed sometimes.
I totally agree with EVERYTHING in your comment. My original post was focused on the "out of control" (at times) contributors only. The scary ones. I'm sorry if I offended any of the majority.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:06 AM
n/a

Hmmmm

Somewhat interesting but rather suspect since this is from someone with just 3 posts on this forum. To wrap everybody up into a simple profile sounds like someone who is depressed and projecting his own disenchanted life for all to see?
Maybe we should enlighten this novice poster and have a thread revealing every bodies personal profile.
I'll start first:
I post on about 4 other forums...mostly woodworking and handyman stuff. I am semi-retired and will sell my house and move south when real estate starts moving again. I work-out 4 times a week and power-walk every day for one hour covering 4.5 miles. I also walk with my best friend, my wife, every nite for 40 minutes.
I enjoy woodworking and often post between glue-ups and when I want to catch my breath. Politics is just another of my hobbies which include physical fitness, gardening, photography,hiking, handyman and furniture making.
I am described as friendly and outgoing.
There Xavier....what is your real profile? Are you a troll????
Old 07-28-2009, 11:45 AM
n/a

Default Xavier, you stated:

"My original post was focused on the "out of control" (at times) contributors only. The scary ones. I'm sorry if I offended any of the majority."

And how does one get this kind of orientation, insight, opinion with 3 posts? Like "out of control" or "scary ones" (what ever each of those mean or intend).

It is obvious you have had access under another identity....why change and enter as a newby?

btk
Old 07-28-2009, 01:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
"My original post was focused on the "out of control" (at times) contributors only. The scary ones. I'm sorry if I offended any of the majority."

And how does one get this kind of orientation, insight, opinion with 3 posts? Like "out of control" or "scary ones" (what ever each of those mean or intend).

It is obvious you have had access under another identity....why change and enter as a newby?

btk
I agree. At first I thought he was a troll...but while on my daily 1 hour power walk I got to thinking that yes...this person has been here for awhile.
Good catch, Bill. See ya later...off to install a digital thermostat.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post

btk
Is it not possible that someone could only have posted 3 times but viewed many posts without commenting? I look at the political posts everytime I am logged on to TOTV but I rarely post any of my thoughts in that section. Just like to read some of the comments.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk7951 View Post
Is it not possible that someone could only have posted 3 times but viewed many posts without commenting? I look at the political posts everytime I am logged on to TOTV but I rarely post any of my thoughts in that section. Just like to read some of the comments.
That was my thought too. It's very possible.

On another note, IMO the more one posts doesn't necessarily mean they have a lot to say.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:04 PM
n/a

Quote:

...but I'm getting help!

I don't know why you need to post a negative piece about a person or persons that regularly write in Political. This IS a "Free Country" and still includes freedom of speech. I would also say that if you don't like the personalities, comments, or topics stay out of political on TOTV and go about YOUR LIFE.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:48 PM
n/a

Quote:

...but I'm getting help!

Dear poster moth... it looks like, despite your best efforts and your "life" you got lured by the flame... you got too close and now you've singed your wings.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:04 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshoffer View Post
Dear poster moth... it looks like, despite your best efforts and your "life" you got lured by the flame... you got too close and now you've singed your wings.
Does that mean that he/she can't "fly-in" anymore.....????
Old 07-28-2009, 04:42 PM
n/a

Default spk7951, you may in fact be correct, I failed to recognize that possibility.

If that in fact were or is the case, I would apologize for my reaction and posts.

btk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.