Friday oct 17 din din

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2014, 10:39 PM
Sage
Default Friday oct 17 din din

had a great Meet and Greet and now on to Friday...some of us are going to see Nightwatch at mulberry grove and before the play we will go to Nancy Lopez Oasis pool bar for 2 for 1 cheeseburger night we will be there from around five to six thirty so if anyone wants to join us just for that, come on by...they probably still have tickets for the play, too. it is a thriller!

i will be busy celebrating my birthday this weekend so if anyone has an idea for a movie or outing of any kind, please post. is there any interest in a nov or dec outing to see the Stetson mansion in Deland while decorated for Christmas? just throwing that out there for discussion
Old 10-17-2014, 06:00 AM

Happy birthday month!!! I was hoping to make it last night but was sidetracked by rocky and the rollers. I moved here a few weeks ago finally full time. Not sure I can join you tonight but hope to catch up with the group in the near future.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:33 AM
Send a message via AIM to Yukon Joe

Good Morning ChaCha.......
Just wanted to say Had a Good Time last night at Paneras..... I Wish You A Very Happy Birthday & Many Many More!! Have Fun this weekend. Just as a matter of information, We discussed Medicare. The Rep at the Staten Island Club was George (Mick) McEvilly C.L.U. He's a Village Resident offered his services regarding any questions with Medicare. His cell # is 352-391-5506. You may want to throw it out there due to the many changes this year and questions some of us may have. Thanks Again.....
P.S. Is that meeting Every Thursday nights at LSL?
Joe.....
Old 10-17-2014, 08:36 AM
Default Stetson Museum

I would highly recommend going to the Stetson Museum, especially for the Christmas decoration tour. It is absolutely gorgeous. There are 2 gay guys who own it. One of them does all the decorating. When I was there I think he said it takes him over a month to decorate. He does an outstanding job. It will take between 2-3 hours to go thru the mansion. Caution - there is no elevator, only stairs and it is 3 stories.

I would go in the morning and tour the Deland Home first, have a late lunch, or early supper and then tour the Stetson Museum at night when you can see all the Christmas Lights. Mr. Deland and Mr. Stetson were good friends. The Docent for the Deland Home has much knowledge about both homes, both men, and the town of Deland. You have to call the make reservations for the Stetson Museum and pay once you get there. They only take cash. The Deland Home you can purchase and pay when you get there. No reservations needed.

The Stetson College is also there and even though I've not done it, it might also be worth touring.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Sage

thanks for that info, debbie, and also joe about the medicare...i hate this time of year for all those conflicting flyers and sales pitches for supplemental ins....philly girl, we look forward to meeting you very soon! to answer joe's question, no, the meet and greet is only about once a month with the purpose of welcoming newbies like you i hope you made some connections which will develop into good friendships! there is no specific time, just when i get the impression that it is time for another one so you newbies let me know when you are coming!!!
Old 10-17-2014, 10:29 PM
Sage

want to recommend the Oasis at nancy lopez pool for a nice friday night, especially for a casual date! nice music, 2 for 1 delicious cheeseburgers with chips for $8.50, room to dance if so inclined also, want to thank newbie Rick for thoughtful gift. everyone at the table wants Rick to post his contact info because he does embroidery which many would enjoy having done for grandchildren's jackets, etc! a whole new career after retirement if you want one, Rick! i love my gift! it says (in beautiful pink embroidery and nicely framed) "Don't count the days, make the days count" very good advice by which i do try to live Rick must have heard me grousing about another birthday coming up
Old 10-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Smile Birthday wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
had a great Meet and Greet and now on to Friday...some of us are going to see Nightwatch at mulberry grove and before the play we will go to Nancy Lopez Oasis pool bar for 2 for 1 cheeseburger night we will be there from around five to six thirty so if anyone wants to join us just for that, come on by...they probably still have tickets for the play, too. it is a thriller!

i will be busy celebrating my birthday this weekend so if anyone has an idea for a movie or outing of any kind, please post. is there any interest in a nov or dec outing to see the Stetson mansion in Deland while decorated for Christmas? just throwing that out there for discussion
Hi Diane, Don just told today was your birthday, so I wish you a very Happy Birthday! Hope to meet up with you and your group sometime soon.:wave
Old 10-20-2014, 07:19 PM
Smile Birthday wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post

Hi Diane, Don just told today was your birthday, so I wish you a very Happy Birthday! Hope to meet up with you and your group sometime soon.:wave Pat
Old 10-21-2014, 12:39 AM
Sage

thank you, Pat! it has been a wonderful birthday weekend

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.