Meet and Greet Thurs July 2

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2015, 07:52 AM
Sage
Default Meet and Greet Thurs July 2

Since i have heard from three newbies who will be arriving the end of june, am planning a Meet and Greet for Thursday, July 2 in Panera's....at Lake Sumter Landing. As there was some confusion last time about where we would be and whether the weather was hot enough to go inside we will just start from the beginning to say we will be in Panera's. Please plan to order a little something and hopefully we can use the back room again. The time set at 4pm seemed to work well for everyone. I encourage all newbies to post here and tell us something about yourselves and let's get your new friendships started!
Old 06-17-2015, 08:50 AM

My name is Allan and I am a 61 y/o retired firefighter from the Boston area. I have a 29 y/o daughter who, I am proud to say, just got her Masters degree. I love all kinds of music , especially rock and roll and singer/songwriter styles. Looking forward to the Villages lifestyle ( I love the squares at night).
Old 06-17-2015, 09:19 AM
Sage

yes, hi Allan, you are one of the three guests of honor along with any other newcomers who are headed this way. congrats on your successful daughter! you will be in the right place for music here! perhaps after the Meet and Greet some of us will go over to the square to see what is hopping
Old 06-26-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
Since i have heard from three newbies who will be arriving the end of june, am planning a Meet and Greet for Thursday, July 2 in Panera's....at Lake Sumter Landing. As there was some confusion last time about where we would be and whether the weather was hot enough to go inside we will just start from the beginning to say we will be in Panera's. Please plan to order a little something and hopefully we can use the back room again. The time set at 4pm seemed to work well for everyone. I encourage all newbies to post here and tell us something about yourselves and let's get your new friendships started!
Diane, thank you for doing this. I'm new to the area and looking to meet friends. I first met on 6/24 and like the members of the group very well. They are fun people. I'm originally from the Chicago area and have a degree from Millikin U. and all graduate work at Washington U (St Louis) and St Marys of Texas. I have 2 sons in St Louis along with small 2 small children. Plan to see them in early August. I lived in Orlando since early 1980 where I was a financial planner as my MBA work was in Financial Management. Many of my clients worked as engineers in the Space Program. Saw Orlando grow so much during the 80's and 90's. Lived in Winter Park. I'm more into the arts than sports. Enjoying the Sharon and all the music in the Villages. Just moved to this area in 9/2014. Looking forward to making more friends.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:39 AM

Hi I won't be down for June but I am planning a trip in Sept with a buddy to check out the possibilities. I am in my mid-50's as is my friend. We are hoping to get a feel for life in the villages and Florida in general. I work in I.T. and for a short time in broadcasting. Hope we can join one of your parties in the future.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:01 PM
Sage

of course we will hold a special Meet and Greet just for you and your buddy! i spread the word about this one coming up to four other newcomers friday night...a wonderfully easy and comfortable way to be introduced into new friendships.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:56 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
I will be there! !
Old 06-30-2015, 01:36 PM

My name is Jaci and I'm from Chicago. Just moved down here two weeks ago and loving it so far. I'd love to attend the meet and greet.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:20 PM
Sage

wonderful, Jaci! am sure you will meet at least a few new friends to pal around with...so many diverse interests among us that there will surely be someone you will enjoy knowing!
Old 07-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Sage

just bumping this so no one misses it!

Tags
time, greet, july, meet, paneras, newbies, friendships, back, room, plan, order, started, encourage, post, 4pm, work, set, june, planning, lake, thursday, end, thurs, heard, arriving

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.