A music event that singles groups (and others) will really enjoy

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2016, 09:01 AM
Veteran member
Default A music event that singles groups (and others) will really enjoy

The Villages Pops Chorus will present its annual summer concert on Friday, August 5, at North Lake Presbyterian Church, Rolling Acres Road in Lady Lake. There will be 2 shows, one at 3 PM and another at 6 PM. Titled “Get On Your Feet”, the concert will include a wide variety of popular songs. Broadway music is well-represented with a medley of Rodgers and Hart songs including “My Funny Valentine” and “With a Song in my Heart”; “Corner of the Sky” from Pippin, and “A Lot of Livin’ To Do” from Bye Bye Birdie. Songs from the Sixties include “Blame It On the Bossa Nova”, the Hollies hit “He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother”, and a choral version of the Blood Sweat and Tears iconic arrangement of “God Bless the Child”, which spotlights the 10 piece band that accompanies the 120 voice chorus. The group will also perform standards from the Great American Songbook including “You Make Me Feel So Young” and “When I Fall In Love”. As always, Villages Pops Chorus promises a concert that will have the audience dancing in their seats with some songs and reflecting on the beauty of the music and the message with other songs. Tickets are $12 and are available at all Villages Box Office locations and the box office online site. Tickets will also be available at the door. The Pops Chorus is a 501c3 charitable organization and proceeds will be donated to Deliver the Difference and New Vision for Independence.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:18 PM
Sage

thank you for that information! sounds wonderful!
Old 07-31-2016, 05:41 PM
Veteran member

Hope a bunch of you can come! If you do, please say hi after the concert. I like to be able to place a face with a TOTV name. I'm easy to find, as I'm the director of the group.
Closed Thread

Tags
songs, chorus, music, concert, pops

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.