Planning a trip to the villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-19-2014, 05:54 PM
Default Planning a trip to the villages

Hello all,

My name is Donald DePete and I am in the early stages of planning a visit to The Villages in September and possibly October. I have heard so much about it that I have to check it out for myself. Can it all be true???

I joined TOTV about a year ago but got distracted and rarely visited or used the sites resources. After this winter, I am focused!

Again, hello to all and enjoy the holiday.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Yes its true..welcome..October is a great time to come for a visit.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldD View Post
Hello all,

My name is Donald DePete and I am in the early stages of planning a visit to The Villages in September and possibly October. I have heard so much about it that I have to check it out for myself. Can it all be true???

I joined TOTV about a year ago but got distracted and rarely visited or used the sites resources. After this winter, I am focused!

hey Donald...if you want to post often, and ask questions, you'll learn more than..well, a lot. You'll see on the singles forum a lot of posts inviting to parties. If you stay on here enough being genuine about your quest to possibly become a Villager, you may feel like you know some of us before you get here.
Kitty
Old 04-19-2014, 11:35 PM
Sage

how did you hear about TalkoftheVillages? curious minds want to know! look forward to meeting you this fall.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:04 AM
Veteran member
Default hurry up!

Quote:
Hello all,

u better hurry up and get here with the sink hole issue we r losing homes all over the place! be sure to swing by buttonwood! there are some real bargins on homes in that area! most of all stop by any walgreens and ask for the villages triple play and get ready for wonderful evening that will take u back to ur wonderdays in ur youth! no other place like this on earth!
Old 04-20-2014, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post
u better hurry up and get here with the sink hole issue we r losing homes all over the place! be sure to swing by buttonwood! there are some real bargins on homes in that area! most of all stop by any walgreens and ask for the villages triple play and get ready for wonderful evening that will take u back to ur wonderdays in ur youth! no other place like this on earth!

Villageshooter. BEHAVE!!!!!

And Happy Easter.

Now sit in the corner, no chocolate bunnies for YOU.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:51 PM

Thank you all for responding to my post. I will definitely ask questions as they arise. I'm currently in communication re: a house for rent in Lynnhaven. I'll have to see how it goes.

Chachacha, last year I was looking for a place to go for the winter. It didn't matter where as long as it was warm. I was researching potential destinations online when, as serendipity would have it, I came across the Villages...a little hunting around and I found TOTV. I then did a little due diligence on TV and saw a few articles NYT, Orlando Sentinal, etc. and spoke with a few people. That's really about it. My initial reaction was skepticism about the supposed 'nirvana' that is the Villages and have recently decided to check it out. Anyway, thanks for asking.

Oh, and thanks to Villageshooter for the heads up. Always helpful to hear about the other side of utopia.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:07 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Donald, if you are so inclined you may want to do some reading/research. I recommend "50 things to think about before buying a home in The Villages" by Parker Sykes. Here it is. https://s3.amazonaws.com/TheVillages...hings-2012.pdf

I also highly recommend reading "Leisureville" by Andrew Blechman. Although he had an agenda and pointed up some of the spicier sides of life in TV he did some excellent research on how The Villages as well as other 55 and over communities were developed and how they are operated.

Another good read is "From Sun City to The Villages" by Judith Ann Trolander. This author wrote in a comment that she almost dropped her book project and put a deposit down on a house shown to her by a TV real estate sales person!

I just returned from my third visit to TV. The gracious welcome you will receive from some of the TOTV posters will be something to write home about!

β€œTo argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 04-21-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:29 PM

Hey Manaboutown, thanks a lot! I'll absolutely check out those books -- really do appreciate it. If your there when I go maybe we can play some marbles.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Hey Manaboutown, thanks a lot! I'll absolutely check out those books -- really do appreciate it. If your there when I go maybe we can play some marbles.
wait a minute! no tiddlywinks? no jacks? Singles should have a children's games night...I'll get you a sandbox. for marbles.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Hello all,

back to TOTV. Come on down soon. All that is needed is a birth certificate, a physical, and of course your shot records.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.