Pot-luck supper, Charades, Watch TV Debate 9/26

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2016, 09:24 AM
Default Pot-luck supper, Charades, Watch TV Debate 9/26

To Talk of The Villages singles:

We have not had a pot-luck dinner party for a long time. I think the main reason is probably the work involved in hosting one! Well, to reduce that burden and thus encourage more parties, I will set a new example of hosting without providing any food myself! I'll provide real dishes and utensils, glasses, cups, napkins, water, etc. Everything but food and drink. So BYOB and BYOF !!

Time: Monday, 9/26/16, 5:30 PM onward, but eat at 6:00 PM, so if you are bringing a fresh, hot dish, come shortly before 6. Or use my microwave if that is suitable for your dish.

After dinner we'll play charades & yak until 9 PM, when, for those who wish to stay, we'll watch the 1st presidential debate. I can pause it at any time, so we can discuss something if we want to, but something tells me I better keep that to a minimum or we'll go to midnight! Cha Cha Cha has approved all this [ :-) ] and is coming, so we will have at least one Trump supporter and one Hillary supporter! Insulting a candidate will be allowed, but no insulting each other! Wear a NAME TAG!

If you are single and want to attend, post your desire here or send me a private message here on TOTV. I will then send you the address and directions via private message.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:07 PM
Sage

that sounds like a lot of fun. i will bring a meat dish of some kind, someone is bringing a pasta dish and someone is bringing pizza! so sign on and stay for whichever part of the evening you like or for the whole thing! thanks Maybe!
Old 09-20-2016, 01:45 PM

Thanks cha cha cha.
In case some may be wondering, singles who do not know me are invited to join in. There is still room for some more at this "event".
Old 09-20-2016, 11:43 PM
Veteran member

Sounds like fun, however, going home to Boston to see my mom this week.
Old 09-27-2016, 07:22 PM
Sage

well, i think all our friendships survived the debates and we had a great dinner and fun charades besides....a newspaper reporter actually came by to check out our party. i think he got bored because no one was killing each other fighting over the candidates thank you, Maybe for opening your home and having so many people enjoy it! perhaps this will encourage others to follow your lead and play host with no need to provide any of the food...good idea!

Tags
cha, time, dish, pot-luck, watch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.