Dances coming up

Closed Thread
Old 01-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Sage
Default Dances coming up

there will be single ballroom dances on jan 6 and 13 at hacienda rec center...tickets at box office $6 pp....also, reminder that sat, jan 7, there is a singles dance party with speed dating at Levi's in leesburg...free sign up between 6-8, speed dating 7-8 and dance music by Suzie Costa from 8. no charge for this party, sponsored by louie, with lots of door prizes, discounts on food, etc....he will do another on feb 10, also. Jan 15 American Legion dance for singles $10, doors open at six. hope to see good crowds at all these events.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
there will be single ballroom dances on jan 6 and 13 at hacienda rec center...tickets at box office $6 pp....also, reminder that sat, jan 7, there is a singles dance party with speed dating at Levi's in leesburg...free sign up between 6-8, speed dating 7-8 and dance music by Suzie Costa from 8. no charge for this party, sponsored by louie, with lots of door prizes, discounts on food, etc....he will do another on feb 10, also. Jan 15 American Legion dance for singles $10, doors open at six. hope to see good crowds at all these events.
Cha ... could you or would you let us know how the new widows and wodowers group is doing ( any other get togerthers ) and how are in attendance at this group on the first wed. of the month men ? women ?

thanks eddj02
Old 01-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Sage
Default correction

first, let me correct my original post...the dances on fri the 6 and 13 at hacienda are not billed as Singles dances....they are regular ballroom dances, but a group of singles is taking a couple of tables, for example 18 and 22, so that you will probably find some singles to dance with....sorry about that!

as for the widows group, i am sorry i do not know what they are up to as they did not meet at a convenient time for me so i dropped out...they were called You Are Not Alone so check out the rec news to see if they are listed there...they used to meet on wed at odell rec center around noon, i think....may have changed long ago by now....there are many widowed folks in the regular singles groups, also.

don't forget the sat night party in leesburg...
Old 01-07-2012, 01:20 AM
Sage
Default update

the ballroom dance was fun and there were four tables of singles...was sold out so if you want to go next friday, get your tickets early...

the music for the dance at American Legion is Amy Reese and Henry, jan 15.

nice group going to Levi's in Leesburg this sat night (tonight) so should be a great success....
Old 01-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Sage
Default louie louie....

well, our friend louie has pulled off another fun party last night at Levi's...lots of prizes, almost everyone at my table went home with some goody. i won a bottle of wine! next party there on feb 10.

Friday ballroom dance with some singles tables at hacienda.
Sunday American Legion Singles dance as described above....
Old 01-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Platinum member
Default Thanks!

Cha, Thanks so much for keeping us up to date on dances and singles events! Now that it is officially 2012, I can say that I am retiring "next year", so I am paying more attention to learning things here on TOTV.

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 01-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Sage
Default my pleasure

quirky, it is my pleasure to tell other singles what i find out...i wish some others would also help me out here! look forward to meeting you when you arrive here as a full-fledged retiree!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Sage
Default merle haggard

just an additional activity going on this sat is merle haggard performing at silver springs park at three pm....one must have season pass or pay full day entry fee to attend the concert...outdoors on lawn...

the dance at the American Legion sunday the 15th, $10 admission includes light buffet. doors open at six and music by amy reese begins at seven...these singles dances are fun because they play a lot of mixers where you exchange partners and everyone gets a chance to dance and meet different people. no BYOB but drinks very reasonable and help the Legion.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Default any single dancers that could rent a room?

I Would like to visit and check out tv for 3 or 4 weeks in march or april, don't need a house, just a room and bath..I am a 68 year old single male, non smoker, love to dance and could teach any of 12 couples dances, straight, reliable, could have a background check, just want to look at houses during the day and attend dance events most nights. tried a similar post on a different forum but thougt I would run this by single dancers, need an activity pass, guess I will rent a house in april if all else fails thanks, roy
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.