Thinking of moving to TV

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2017, 11:22 AM

Resentful of what?
Old 04-30-2017, 11:07 AM

Tracy, I will visit TV starting May 2 for a week or two. Hope to meet you there! We are the potential Villagers!
Old 05-02-2017, 01:46 PM

I moved to an older section 7 months ago because I wanted to be in an area with trees. Most of my neighbors are too old to do very much anymore. I have not made many friends. It can get pretty lonely.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellaboy View Post
I moved to an older section 7 months ago because I wanted to be in an area with trees. Most of my neighbors are too old to do very much anymore. I have not made many friends. It can get pretty lonely.
When I first moved here six years ago my village didn't have a softball team, so I played one season for Calumet Grove, that's as far north as you can go. Nice bunch of guys but I was the youngest on the team at 61. We did have a season ending pizza party but the following season my village did get a team and I played for them.

If you like the village and it's trees you know eventually most of those people will pass on and they'll be resales. Probably 10 years from now everyone in your village will be new residents, it only makes sense. I would hang in there and maybe join some clubs, go to the neighborhood rec center, and this time of year the neighborhood pool should be getting pretty active.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:41 AM
Default Just an update

All,
So I bought a house in Pine Hills, will be moving in around Memorial Weekend, yes this girl is very excited!! Can't wait to meet more of you and get involved...Only took me 3 wks to buy, and I had a lot of encouragement from many of you - thank you.

Still selling current house, yet I can't wait to get integrated into the new 'lifestyle'. Even at my younger age, I felt very welcomed!!

Yeah, I can't wait!!
Old 05-11-2017, 04:33 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybe View Post
There are plenty of residents here in their 50s. You can meet them at the more athletic activities, as well as nearly everywhere else.
I don't think it matters much where a single person lives as far as young neighbors are concerned, because most of them will be married couples anyway. Every area has its advantages and disadvantages. Visit and see how you like it.
Visiting won't do it. Renting for a whole year is the only way to get to know the area and its people.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:37 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You wouldn't think you would find age bias in an over fifty-five community.

People are people, some are narrow minded, inflexible, and critical in their twenties. I believe it has more to do with the personality they were born with rather than their age.

Some people are interesting, fun, witty, good at enjoying others all of their lives. You who want to be only with under sixty are missing out. But hey...plenty aren't. This is a big community.
Having lived in age-restricted communities and multigenerational communities, I find that aging does have a lot to do with it. The older we get and the more tired we get, the less likely we are to reach out if it requires too much energy.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:46 PM

All,
I feel very welcome too. Met very friendly neighbors, had lunch with one yesterday, will with another one tomorrow. Exhausted with the house transaction in Polo Ridge (very convenient location!). Thank you very one for your hospitality and inputs. I will see you again in a few months to fully enjoy life! P.S. will be checking in for good tips and info.

Maddie (Ratana)

So I bought a house in Pine Hills, will be moving in around Memorial Weekend, yes this girl is very excited!! Can't wait to meet more of you and get involved...Only took me 3 wks to buy, and I had a lot of encouragement from many of you - thank you.

Still selling current house, yet I can't wait to get integrated into the new 'lifestyle'. Even at my younger age, I felt very welcomed!!

Yeah, I can't wait!!
Old 05-11-2017, 06:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyC View Post
All,

Yeah, I can't wait!!
Welcome to your new home! I think you'll find a lot of younger people in Pine Hills. I bought in Lake Deaton as it was being built 3 years ago and I was 54 at the time, and yet there are several people who are younger on my block. The "older" people (70's) are quite active, a lot of fun, and you'd be surprised at how well some of them golf. Many are playing pickleball and softball as well.

Last edited by golfing eagles; 05-12-2017 at 04:18 AM.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:34 PM
Sage

so glad Tracy is coming back so soon! and a good way to meet a lot of us is to come to Helen's birthday bash at katie belle's on wed, May 31 at five pm....please let us know if you are coming. the room holds 45 people but we want to give KB an accurate head count...the music will be Clark Barios and Helen is providing a champagne toast Maddie can you hang around long enough?
Old 05-24-2017, 07:48 AM

Hello everyone,

I drove from Fairfax, VA to TV and got here evening of May 2. When I got to my rental unit which I booked for a week, I met unit owners near by and talked a little. Then, I was on my own. I did not how it would turn out,..might not be as I expected? Then looked for a house with MLS realtor who is rude, unprofessional and arrogant, his name is Jeff S. I could have bought a courtyard villa in Brownwood if he had shown me when I got here on Tuesday night as I ased, but he was not available to do so. Because of his unprofessionalism and bad personalities, I then used VLS agent.

My time got at TV got much better when I attended a luncheon that Dianne (Chachacha) organized for me at Sweet Tomato on May 4. We a great time, enjoyed each other companies and sharing information. By meeting a member from this group, I purchased a house that I saw on VLS when I was in VA that wanted to have one day! My home in TV is now in Polo Ridge!

I have meet so many nice people and develop friendship too. Dianne is most kind to invite me to be her house guest since I had a hard time finding a place for another week to stay for the closing of my house. She also introduced me to people and telling me about activities to attend and invited me to go with her. My neighbors are great!! They came over to talk to me and hoping I moved in soon before I closed the transaction. They will help me watch my house while I go back to VA too. It has been the most fun and enjoyable 2-3 weeks of my life. I will return soon and will miss you all and the fun. But, I have plan to have a party at my house, movie nights, tailgate party at Polo Club and pay forward for those who helped me and need help.

I keep saying, living at TV is a best idea to spend the rest of our time in our lives! Thank you all for your help and hospitality. So long and see you!
Old 05-24-2017, 08:13 AM

rj-gators-may-22-2017-jpg

RJ Gator's May 22, 2017
Old 05-24-2017, 09:43 AM

Hi Tracy..
My daughter and her lifelong childhood friend are staying at my house as we speak. They are both 45. They just arrived yesterday and this morning she tells me that she needs to learn how to golf and buy a house there....hope this helps

Jean
jricciuto@rochester.rr.com
585 694 3279
Old 05-24-2017, 10:16 PM
Default Arriving memorial wknd!!

I look forward to meeting new friends, I will PM you jricciuto@rouchester.rr.com

I will pull in This memorial wknd, can't wait to unload and see what immediate needs need to be addressed!!!

So excited and looking forward to arriving. Give me 2 days to unload and go buy a few things and then let the party and introductions begin!!!

Tracy
Old 05-24-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
so glad Tracy is coming back so soon! and a good way to meet a lot of us is to come to Helen's birthday bash at katie belle's on wed, May 31 at five pm....please let us know if you are coming. the room holds 45 people but we want to give KB an accurate head count...the music will be Clark Barios and Helen is providing a champagne toast Maddie can you hang around long enough?
I will be here memorial wknd!!! Need a few days to unload and then maybe I can come out and play. I have single guy friend with me , maybe interested in moving here also!!!
Only a few more days...tracy
Closed Thread

Tags
thoughts, younger, age, community, meet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.