Two Theatre Outings for Sept

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2016, 05:44 PM
Sage
Default Two Theatre Outings for Sept

several of us are getting tickets for Say Goodnight Gracie at the Savannah Center on sept 12 for the 8pm show...there are still good seats....we will plan a pre show dinner together as the date gets closer...so get your tickets and join us for the dinner. i saw this show in Michigan and it was fantastic...

then we also plan to get together for Forever Plaid on Tuesday Sept 27 also at Savannah Center. that show is at 4pm so we can do dinner afterwards. (sorry i originally thought it was at 7pm)

and don't forget Stacy Mitchart at Orange Blossom Oprey on the 30th...a fun filled month for sure!

Last edited by chachacha; 08-09-2016 at 02:43 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:13 PM

Sent you a pm. Hope you received it ok.
Old 08-08-2016, 08:45 PM
Veteran member

Hi! Glad you are coming to Forever Plaid! It's one of my favorite shows and has been on my bucket list for many years. It is going to be a FUN show! For those of you not familiar with the show,here's a little info:

What happens when you start with great songs, add wonderful harmony and laugh out-loud comedy, and mix in a measure of nostalgia? You get “Forever Plaid”, the story of a singing quartet who gets the chance for one big show after many years of being “away”.
Inspired by the music of singing groups like The Four Aces and The Four Lads, and solo artists of the time like Perry Como and Tony Bennett, “Forever Plaid” takes us back to the days when life seemed simpler, families watched The Ed Sullivan Show together, and couples danced dreamily to lovely ballads they called “our song”. And some of the very best songs of the era are part of the show, including “Three Coins In the Fountain”, “Moments To Remember”, “Catch a Falling Star”, “Rags To Riches”, and “Love Is A Many Splendored Thing”.
There is no doubt there is something wonderfully magical about Forever Plaid, when the cast, the music, the story and the joy of a bygone era, all come together.
You will remember this show long after you leave the Savannah Center. It is a must see event.

Bill Davis (Smudge and Director)
Old 08-08-2016, 08:56 PM
Sage

thanks for that synopsis, Bill! have always wanted to see that show and looking forward to it! will watch for Smudge
Old 08-08-2016, 09:28 PM

We are coming back to TV August 31st, and would love to see Forever Plaid, but I'm unsure how to get tickets. Can you shed any light on that for me? Can I get them now? Do I have to wait til we get there and buy them then? One of these days I will learn the ins and outs of TV. Thanks for your help.
Jane
Old 08-08-2016, 11:20 PM
Sage

tickets can be purchased online at The Villages Entertainment or Box Office...if you are not yet a resident it is a bit more expensive and there is also a fee for using the internet. do you know anyone here who could purchase them for you at one of the box offices? that would be the most economical way
Old 08-09-2016, 02:41 PM
Sage

well, i have dutifully purchased 15 tickets for Say Goodnight, Gracie and 6 for Forever Plaid....no extras for Gracie but have a couple extra for Forever Plaid because there is always someone who wants them by then....so anyone who wants to join us for Gracie, our seats are mostly in sections EE, FF and GG on the right hand side...lots of good seats left $27 or $28 according to where you are. will make reservations for dinner a little closer to the time and will check with those involved. anyone else is very welcome to join us!
Old 08-17-2016, 03:58 PM
Sage

bump....thinking of the back room at Nancy Lopez if available for dinner. anyone have any other suggestions? does Glenview have a more quiet area?

Tags
show, dinner, sept, center, plan

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.