Disappointing behavior by DJ at Spanish Springs town square

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2015, 08:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
How do you know who was or was not treated with respect? Sounds to me like the DJ was being treated badly.....unless you were there and know more? This whole thing is ridiculous since no one knows what happened.
What I said was all people SHOULD be treated with respect regardless. So the men dancing should be treated with respect as well as the DJ. Since they are all people they should be treated kindly. It's a general rule I think people SHOULD learn to follow...
Old 07-11-2015, 11:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

After reading this thread, it seems that the op is stating a concern about an event that they were attending. I find it refreshing that op was concerned for another fellow villager.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:58 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Methinks this thread is not going to be the end of this story but the beginning of many such stories . Two people caught in the act at Market Square, drunks mauling each other on the dance floor, etc etc etc doesn't make the public squares inviting and it certainly does harm to The Village brand.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member

TV is turning into a PC Nazi camp. Now a DJ, based on a suspicion, is labeled a homophobe with calls for banishment from TV. Next up for persecution; Christians in the square.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:42 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
TV is turning into a PC Nazi camp. Now a DJ, based on a suspicion, is labeled a homophobe with calls for banishment from TV. Next up for persecution; Christians in the square.
You are probably closer to the truth than I wish to think about.
Old 07-12-2015, 07:58 AM

Well, my previous post was censored for some reason. Yet, it seems you are calling me a Nazi and that is ok. I have no problem with homophobes as long as they don't offend others and I have no problem with Christians but I think many of them don't act Christ like. And I have no problem with gays and lesbians. We should all be allowed to live our lives to the fullest as long as we are not hurting anyone else.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraines View Post
Well, my previous post was censored for some reason. Yet, it seems you are calling me a Nazi and that is ok. I have no problem with homophobes as long as they don't offend others and I have no problem with Christians but I think many of them don't act Christ like. And I have no problem with gays and lesbians. We should all be allowed to live our lives to the fullest as long as we are not hurting anyone else.
Homophobes? People question what happened and they are homophobes?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:03 AM
Veteran member

OMG, People!! 3 people (so far) have attested to the fact that this was, at the very least, rude behavior by the DJ. Rather than, heaven forbid, think there may be something wrong with a "villages" entertainer, we'd rather blatantly call the OP a liar. Rather than "label" this entertainer, we "label" the OP as overreacting. She simply stated what she saw, it was confirmed by 2 others and yet people who weren't even there, wanna guess what it was all about. Sometimes, I just don't get it. Really....
Old 07-12-2015, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey2 View Post
OMG, People!! 3 people (so far) have attested to the fact that this was, at the very least, rude behavior by the DJ. Rather than, heaven forbid, think there may be something wrong with a "villages" entertainer, we'd rather blatantly call the OP a liar. Rather than "label" this entertainer, we "label" the OP as overreacting. She simply stated what she saw, it was confirmed by 2 others and yet people who weren't even there, wanna guess what it was all about. Sometimes, I just don't get it. Really....

Maybe because they were new posters many are skeptical. I don't think it has much to do with the "village entertainer". Or how people feel about a person's sexual preference.

It just seemed like we were missing part of the story. Did someone behave badly? Did the DJ and the entertainer behave badly? Did people jump to a conclusion? Was someone's perception of what happened altered by alcohol?

Two old drunks tongue kissing on the dance floor ain't pretty to most of us, no matter who they are.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:36 AM
Veteran member
Smile

Smh
Old 07-12-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey2 View Post
Finally someone who gets it!!!
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 07-12-2015, 09:18 AM
Sage

I think we are quick to defend the DJ because his livelyhood is on the line here and the oldtimers on here don't put up with bashing unless they do a thorough questioning of the OP. This is a very serious charge against him. New posters are always suspect of having an axe to grind because it happens ALL THE TIME that they post the most outlandish things and then disappear. I still don't know even after all of the questioning who to believe on this one.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:27 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I think we are quick to defend the DJ because his livelyhood is on the line here and the oldtimers on here don't put up with bashing unless they do a thorough questioning of the OP. This is a very serious charge against him. New posters are always suspect of having an axe to grind because it happens ALL THE TIME that they post the most outlandish things and then disappear. I still don't know even after all of the questioning who to believe on this one.
I don't think it's so much the first post for someone. It was a first post for 3 different people all posting at the same time bashing the DJ and the soundman who changed a song with a different tempo so they must be homophobic.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Were they old, drunk and French kissing? If behavior was out of place and made others uncomfortable I would hope to see that post. But so far other than the 3 posters every post has been speculation on what transpired.
Closed Thread

Tags
dance, square, dancing, town, music, poor, reason, loud, slow, night, made, tolerant, guests, change, bad, intentionally, verbal, felt, cover, altercations, deny, man, sound, apologies, publicly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.