Bruce Jenner To Get Courage Award

Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2015, 07:44 AM

There is a difference in having an opinion about the transgender community and a particular individual.

I have much compassion for those who are struggling in the transgender community....i have them in my family...i treat them with respect just like i do everyone else. I do my best to understand their situation.

This thread is about Bruce Jenner and the way he has decided to handle his personal life...very publicly. He has always been about money and fame...and his "personal struggles" have always been public. I do not admire him for the way he has chosen to live his life....and never have...my feelings about him have not suddenly changed because he is now transgendered. I find him an appalling human being...whether he is male or female....and he certainly is not my hero. He may bring more attention to the transgendered community...but will it truly be positive? or will it do more harm than good?

Ellen DeGeneres came out as a lesbian woman with dignity and grace. She was not an embarrassment. She was HERSELF.....and to me there is a huge difference between Ellen and Bruce.

The espn award is a private award...they can choose to bestow it upon anyone they choose. I don't have to agree with who they pick. My personal feeling is Bruce Jenner doesn't deserve an award of any kind...for anything. He once was a great athlete....he got his awards that he deserved and i was proud of his accomplishments. He has lived a controversial life since then and continues to do so. Why does he deserve an award for that?
Old 06-13-2015, 09:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Bruce Jenner To Get Courage Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Dictionary Definitions

Narrow-minded | Define Narrow-minded at Dictionary.com

dictionary.reference.com/browse/narrow-minded
having or showing a prejudiced mind, as persons or opinions; biased. 2. not receptive to new ideas; having a closed mind.

Open-minded | Define Open-minded at Dictionary.com

dictionary.reference.com/browse/open-minded
having or showing a mind receptive to new ideas or arguments. 2. unprejudiced; unbigoted; impartial.

So, if I'm correct, an open minded "individual" is receptive to new ideas but is not allowed to disagree with them because logically if that person were to disagree then he would no longer be open minded but rather closed minded. Basically, open minds = let the flood gates open to any and all perversion, their is no absolute truth, let individuals do whatever so forth and so on. Excellent way to maintain an orderly society.
Old 06-13-2015, 12:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
So, if I'm correct, an open minded "individual" is receptive to new ideas but is not allowed to disagree with them because logically if that person were to disagree then he would no longer be open minded but rather closed minded. Basically, open minds = let the flood gates open to any and all perversion, their is no absolute truth, let individuals do whatever so forth and so on. Excellent way to maintain an orderly society.
I think an open-minded individual is receptive to new ideas. Of course he is free to agree or disagree.
I think a close-minded person won't even consider a new idea because he is unable to be impartial.
I don't think it's a valid supposition that accepting the fact that some people are gay or trans gender will "open the flood gates to any and all perversion".
People once thought that giving women the right to vote would lead to the downfall of our country.

I don't feel Jenner deserves an award for his coming out.
But I do feel he /she is coming out publicly to shine a light on a topic which has often been misunderstood.
It's a topic that brings out strong responses. Obviously everyone has a right to his or her opinion.
I respect all posters and their comments.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:18 PM

Are those freaks with trans-species identity issues next to beg for attention and acceptance??
Count me as "all in".... I've always wanted to be a ****zu
Old 07-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

If he/she is charged in the Malibu deadly car crash and If he/she has to serve time................does he/she go to male jail or female jail???? Is our system ready???
Old 07-01-2015, 06:31 PM
Platinum member
Default Not freaks but yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominick View Post
Are those freaks with trans-species identity issues next to beg for attention and acceptance??
Count me as "all in".... I've always wanted to be a ****zu
To me they arent't freaks but yes they are already seeking attention. Bruce just figured out the best way to make a living off it and get the mega attention he has always wanted as a athlete.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:48 PM

So they aren't freaks if they really want to marry their cocker spaniel or strongly identify with trees?? Don't laugh, trans-species identity issues are the next big thing
Old 07-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
Until you walk in someone's shoes you really have no right to make judgements.
Sure, like any of us could walk a mile in her stilettos.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:37 PM

I really like you guys. Moving soon...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.