"I believe that we will win!"

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2014, 02:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts
Default "I believe that we will win!"

USA's 'I believe that we will win' chant can inspire them into World Cup quarter finals? | Mail Online

This chant has a very interesting history according to a very recent report by ESPN. http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup...y-of-i-believe

The last World Cup in 2010, I believe I was house-sitting for a retired CIA Analyst/Lt. Commander of a US Naval ship. He and his retired realtor/CIA analyst wife traveled a lot. I would go to Honeymoon Island beach or some other Clearwater/Tarpon Springs/Palm Harbor area park in the mornings and then watch some of the WC games in the afternoons.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 07-02-2014 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
USA's 'I believe that we will win' chant can inspire them into World Cup quarter finals? | Mail Online

This chant has a very interesting history according to a very recent report by ESPN. History of "I Believe" - ESPN FC

The last World Cup in 2010, I believe I was house-sitting for a retired CIA Analyst/Lt. Commander of a US Naval ship. He and his retired realtor/CIA analyst wife travelled a lot. I would go to Honeymoon Island beach or some other Clearwater area park in the mornings and then watch some of the WC games in the afternoons.
I thought so too!! Coming out of a tougher devision, led me to think they could win!!

I was wrong, and the USA goes for another try, in four years.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 07-02-2014, 06:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

In my book they did win, they won a huge amount of respect. The rest of the world has been playing this game for hundreds of years, we are new to it! Great bunch of guys with real heart.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 07-02-2014, 06:46 AM
Platinum member

Much ado about nothing.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-02-2014, 06:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
In my book they did win, they won a huge amount of respect. The rest of the world has been playing this game for hundreds of years, we are new to it! Great bunch of guys with real heart.
There are the USA women soccer players in Canada in 2015. They have to qualify this October. http://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/p...ies/index.html http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/footba...471/index.html
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.