Olympics coverage

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2014, 10:24 AM
Sage
Default Olympics coverage

I think NBC did a less-than-excellent job covering the Olympics. Not enough information (should have posted more "leader boards" and more info about participants); not enough human interest stories, which apparently were reserved for The Today Show; and way too much emphasis on the ice dancing which, in some people's minds, isn't really a sport.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 02-18-2014, 01:10 PM
Gold member

I disagree. NBC and it's other channels are doing a great job on coverage of all sports. BTW, ice dancing is a sport just like Curling is a sport. Personal stories coverage has been excellent with the exception of the reporter who just went way to far asking Bode Miller to many questions about his deceased brother five minutes after he won a medal. That was just insensitive.
As usual NBC does a good job of trying to show the country, etc...
The Today show is where some of that should be, I love that stuff too, but just show me the competitions!
Old 02-18-2014, 01:33 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'd like to see more of the medal ceremonies, more of the lives of the athletes. ABC covered the Olympics with much more style and panache IMO. I sincerely hope NBC never covers the Olympics again. They've made something very special very boring to me.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-18-2014, 08:44 PM
Gold member

Incessant babbling during each performance. Worst are the skiing and bobsled commentators.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:46 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

I agree with Buzzy! I want to hear their ski's on the slopes, not some announcer rambling on and on!
Old 02-18-2014, 10:20 PM
Gold member

Mom and I are lucky as we can watch the Olympics on either US or Canadian stations. The Canadian station has the Olympics on almost all day long. Mom actually likes the Canadian coverage better as they don't talk as much during the skating! And, since we have been snowed in a lot this winter at least we can watch the Olympics!

We like the ice dancing -- maybe because a lot of the teams train here in Michigan!
Old 02-19-2014, 06:33 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

I watched the opening ceremonies and every event I could for the first few days, then they slowly started to lose me. I'm hardly watching at all now.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:59 AM
Platinum member

I've never really gotten into the Winter Olympics. I know there is a lot of skill required for all of the events, but since I don't ski or ice skate, it doesn't really appeal to me. The Summer Olympics.......now that's a different story.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.