Hearing Loss Support

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2014, 08:13 AM
Default Hearing Loss Support

Hearing Loss Association - Central Florida, October 7th meeting

Do you hear strange noises and wonder where it's coming from only to find it's your ears ringing or you get the sound of crickets, roaring and so forth?

The Hearing Loss Association - Central Florida has invited Dr. Ryan Baker, AuD, from Accent by Audiology, Gainesville, FL to speak about Tinnitus at our next meeting, Tuesday, October 7, 2014 at the Churchill Street Recreation Center, 2375 Churchill Downs, The Villages, FL. The meeting will be held in the Triple Crown room from 1 to 2:30 p.m.. The room is now looped for your hearing assistance. Any questions, please contact: Jan Sharp at 352-751-4532.

All are Welcome
Old 10-27-2014, 03:32 PM

Hearing Loss Association of America - Central Florida

Will meet on Tuesday, November 4th, at the Churchill Street Recreation Center, 2375 Churchill Downs, from 1 to 2:30 p.m. in the Triple Crown Room.

The Deaf and Hearing Services from Leesburg will talk about free amplified telephones and assistive listening devices available to those with hearing loss.

Ms. Elizabeth Janovsky will introduce CaptionCall and provide information on how to qualify for a free captioned telephone.

Our meeting room is looped for your hearing assistance. Please contact Jan Sharp at 352-751-4532 or Muriel Raine at murhlaacntrfl@aol.com or 352-751-3464 for further information.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:47 PM
Eternal Member

Are there any written transcripts of these meetings. I wanted to go to the Tinnitus one but something else came up.

I hear a furnace running all of the time. My doctor told me that it was Tinnitus and all I could do was to get used to it. At least I quit looking for where the sound was coming from.

As to the phones, I have had one of the phones from the Deaf and Hearing Services in Leesburg for many years. My problem with the phone is that my hearing aids keep changing channels when I hold the receiver up to my head. I took my phone back to them and got one with a speakerphone option. Now I do not have any problems having a conversation on the telephone.

Hopefully, they will cover this at the meeting.

Z
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.