Book Club descriptions?

Closed Thread
Old 07-20-2016, 05:52 AM
Default Book Club descriptions?

Is there a description of the types of books read by each book club? Saw that there are 15 book clubs, some I can figure out by the club name but not sure about others. fyi: husband & I plan on retiring to TV, will be visiting over the next few yrs., a website recommends moving near your preferred rec center so am in the 'gathering info' stage right now. And any recommendations for books about TV greatly appreciated!

Getting harder to go to work each day...so looking forward to retirement.
Suzanne
Old 07-20-2016, 09:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarron01 View Post
Is there a description of the types of books read by each book club? Saw that there are 15 book clubs, some I can figure out by the club name but not sure about others. fyi: husband & I plan on retiring to TV, will be visiting over the next few yrs., a website recommends moving near your preferred rec center so am in the 'gathering info' stage right now. And any recommendations for books about TV greatly appreciated!

Getting harder to go to work each day...so looking forward to retirement.
Suzanne
I think all rec centers are created equal. Unless you do something like claying, or play parchesi.

I would like a book club where you don't have to read a book to get depressed or upset or mad about some sad thing or social issue. Or think about life after death. I would like a book club where you bring snacks and maybe have wine. (I don't drink but still) I would like a book club where people tell you about another good book to read that takes you away from this crazy world and makes you laugh or smile.

Many book clubs meet in peoples homes. I like that kind.

Tags
club, book, books, gathering, info

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.