Gone Girl

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2014, 11:21 PM
Sage
Thumbs up Gone Girl

I finally saw "Gone Girl." Enjoyed it quite a bit. Lots of twists and turns. The marriage of Nick and Amy Dunne is not all sunshine and roses. I predict Rosamund Pike, who plays Amy Dunne, will get an Oscar nomination for Best Actress.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I finally saw "Gone Girl." Enjoyed it quite a bit. Lots of twists and turns. The marriage of Nick and Amy Dunne is not all sunshine and roses. I predict Rosamund Pike, who plays Amy Dunne, will get an Oscar nomination for Best Actress.
We saw it too and loved it. Kept your attention throughout the highs and lows of their relationship. Would highly recommend.
Skip 2
Old 10-18-2014, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Always like Rosamund Pike. She played a great villainness in the James Bond movie Die Another Day .
Old 10-18-2014, 03:51 PM
Sage

I would recommend seeing it and would also Change the ending. I became frustrated throughout the movie.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:23 AM
Veteran member

Read the book and then saw the movie. Movie was very close to the book and did not disappoint. I did not even realize that it was almost 2-1/2 hours long till I was walking out of the theater. Loved it.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts
Default Spoiler alert-- only play this Quiz on Gone Girl if you have seen the movie.

Quote:
Hi there,

There's a quiz at FunTrivia.com that you may be interested in:

'Gone Girl' -- Category: Movies.

You can play it by going here:

Gone Girl Quiz - Gn - Gz Movies

If you sign up (free) on FunTrivia using the link above you will automatically be set as one of my friends, and we can
compare scores easily.

Take a look at this recently written FunTrivia Quiz on Gone Girl. I only read part of the book and have not seen the movie yet. So, I only got 6/10 or so going on the part of the book I had read.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:31 AM

Just saw Gone Girl yesterday and it was probably the best movie we've seen all year long. I believe one thing that helped was that the author, Gillian Flynn, who wrote the book, also did the screenwriter duties. I understand that it was very, very close to the book from a friend who has already 'read the book, saw the movie.' My best advice is to use the restroom prior to seeing the two and a half hour film.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salpal View Post
Read the book and then saw the movie. Movie was very close to the book and did not disappoint. I did not even realize that it was almost 2-1/2 hours long till I was walking out of the theater. Loved it.
Ditto! Best movie I have seen in a long time. I usually think any movie or play over two hours needs a good editing. But, like you, I did not even notice. I finished the book one morning and saw the movie that afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve & Deanna View Post
Just saw Gone Girl yesterday and it was probably the best movie we've seen all year long. I believe one thing that helped was that the author, Gillian Flynn, who wrote the book, also did the screenwriter duties. I understand that it was very, very close to the book from a friend who has already 'read the book, saw the movie.' My best advice is to use the restroom prior to seeing the two and a half hour film.
I did not know that about the screenwriting. That makes sense. Thanks for the information.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.