[b]converting vinyls to a cd[/b]

Closed Thread
Old 12-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Default [b]converting vinyls to a cd[/b]

I have a fairly large collection of LP's I'd like to convert to CDs. I know there are services around to do that, but based on their prices and the number of albums I have, it would be quite expensive. Is anyone familiar with the process? I'd like to know of a system I can purchase to do it myself. There are a number of systems out there but I'm not sure which one best suits my need.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by paqdkq View Post
I have a fairly large collection of LP's I'd like to convert to CDs. I know there are services around to do that, but based on their prices and the number of albums I have, it would be quite expensive. Is anyone familiar with the process? I'd like to know of a system I can purchase to do it myself. There are a number of systems out there but I'm not sure which one best suits my need.
I tried doing this a few years ago and it was simply too painful to continue. I decided it was cheaper and a lot less hassle to repurchase the albums I really wanted.

I had a device I purchased from Radio Shack that let me plug my turntable into the sound card on my computer. Then I used a capture software to record the music. Be advised...You have to listen to every album you want to record and the software, sometimes, doesn't do a good job of cutting the songs in the right places. Additionally, you might have to enter all information about each song and album manually.

I can imagine it would be expensive to have someone do this for you...probably cheaper to repurchase the music and it will probably sound better (Digitally Recorded) .vs your captured audio.

Good Luck!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.