Foghat!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2017, 06:39 AM
Wink Foghat!!!!

We attended our first rock concert in quite a while last night and were impressed with many things. The cozy size of the Savannah Center, the way the sound was loud ,but not overpowering, and the talent of group was excellent.

I did not miss people smoking cheap dope and blowing it in my face or people standing and screaming the whole show.

It was a great time, close to home and over before dark.

I hate to admit it , but maybe I am showing my age.

More rock please!!!
Old 03-24-2017, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Since there was no thread for the Yardbirds show two weeks ago, I write something here. We went to the Yardbirds second show at the Savannah Center at 8pm, we normally don't go to the later show, but the 5:30 show was sold out. We did get second row seats and the audience was about 80% filled. The band put on a great show as well, even though Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page or Jeff Beck had long ago left the band for bigger things, they original drummer Jim McCarty with 4 American players rocked the house. I have been to many tribute shows at the Savannah Center, and none of the crowds were enthusiastic as that crowd.

I had consider going to the Foghat show, especially when I got an email the day before, I guess Wednesday, that it was buy one ticket get one free for the second performance. I looked and the basic tickets were $45, where as the Yardbirds show residence tickets were only $25 to begin with. Anyway, I had seen Foghat in 1997 with original lead singer Lonesome Dave Preverett was still alive and performing, so I had decided to remember them that way. I'm glad they put on a great show, and hope we get many more chances to see real rock bands and not tributes. Take a lesson from these shows, tickets prices need to be reasonable if you're going to have two performances in the same evening.

Yardbirds 2017 with original drummer Jim McCarty

The Villages Florida
Old 03-24-2017, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Foghat

Quote:
Originally Posted by doran View Post
We attended our first rock concert in quite a while last night and were impressed with many things. The cozy size of the Savannah Center, the way the sound was loud ,but not overpowering, and the talent of group was excellent.

I did not miss people smoking cheap dope and blowing it in my face or people standing and screaming the whole show.

It was a great time, close to home and over before dark.

I hate to admit it , but maybe I am showing my age.

More rock please!!!
We had front row center seats. The show was excellent and I landed up with a pick from each guitarist and a an autographed drum stick!. Definitely we were sitting in a great location.
Closed Thread

Tags
rock, people, screaming, show, cheap

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.