NEW!! Talk Of The Music Forum

Old 08-23-2012, 10:06 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default NEW!! Talk Of The Music Forum

Wanted to announce and welcome everyone on the site to the new section "Talk of the Music". Due to popular demand, we have created this section for everyone to discuss just about anything that has to do with Music. From Rock N Roll, Album Reviews, Motown, Jazz & Blues, Classical, Country, Pop or playing an instrument... you'll enjoy it here!

UPDATE - We have moved many of the posts over the past year or so that had to do with music to this forum. Enjoy reviving them!!

Last edited by Ad poster; 09-10-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:44 AM
Sage

Should be interesting. Let's get some threads going
Old 08-24-2012, 04:52 AM
Eternal Member

So...what is YOUR song?

For me..Strawberry Fields Forever.

Now, understand - I buy lots of music..from current stuff (I just got Ariel Pinks' new CD)...to stuff I learned to love with my dad (Miles' Kind of Blue)...to sensual tunes (Waters of March)...to difficult listens (Radiohead/Messian/Ornette Coleman)..and silly stuff (the Sherman Brothers songs for Disney). But...it was Strawberry Fields that made music real for me. And for you it is....?
Old 08-24-2012, 04:53 AM
Platinum member

Perfect. I was about to retire from TOTV because of the BS people have been complaining about lately. This will keep me going. This site could be the cyber space "Woodstock" Peace and love.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:16 AM
Sage

Miles Davis - "So What" -1956 - I was 16 and he was brand new (to me at least)
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 08-24-2012, 07:06 AM
Veteran member

My song? Jimmy Buffetts A Pirate looks at 40, closely followed by come Monday & Margaritaville
Old 08-24-2012, 07:16 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
Perfect. I was about to retire from TOTV because of the BS people have been complaining about lately. This will keep me going. This site could be the cyber space "Woodstock" Peace and love.
Me too, Tom... Sick of complaining and want something positive and fun.

I love ALL kinds of music. Never thought this city girl would love country music, but living in TV has definitely widened my music taste. I love all my karaoke singing friends, they are truly the best singers and they love the fact that I know all the words to every song, but won't dare get up to sing... dance, yes, sing, NO!! I love everything from Motown, R&R, country, Latin and pop - definitely new stuff by Lady GaGa and Usher. Great dance music.

I love this new music forum!!! Thank you Admins.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 08-24-2012, 07:21 AM

Always have had music in my life starting with my parent's 78 RPM records...Glenn Miller, Rosemary Clooney, etc. But music became all encompassing with The Beatles I Wanna Hold Your Hand. Still thrill every time I hear it. Transports me back to innocence.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:33 AM
Location: natives of La Porte, IN, moved here from central IN to Santiago via Country Club Hills

OK, hope my post qualifies for this, just have to get this out. Probably many of you here not only enjoy listening to all types music but get much satisfation from playing a musical instrument. Weather you play well or not I believe the effort is well worth it for your health and quality of life and here in TV there are multiple opportunities to learn, perfect a skill and perform if you so desire. One reason we ended up here (after the decision to retire to Fl) was for me to have the chance to participate in the Villages String Orchestra. All of you band and vocal folks can relate. My current listening fav? A string quartet with piano playing "All My Love" originally by Led Zepplin. Other favs: about anything by Bonnie Raitt, soundtrack to Pride and Prejudice (great solo performance of Rondo by Purcell), Vertigo by Jesse Cook (guitar) and Old English Hymns by Craig Duncan.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Platinum member

I agree with The Dancing Queen. I also love all types of music. I remember when I bought three 8-tracks (LOL) Led Zeppelin, Glen Campbell and The Four Seasons. Quite a variety.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

its going to be a good good nite
Old 08-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyGirl View Post
Always have had music in my life starting with my parent's 78 RPM records...Glenn Miller, Rosemary Clooney, etc. But music became all encompassing with The Beatles I Wanna Hold Your Hand. Still thrill every time I hear it. Transports me back to innocence.

And also Love Me Do - the very, very beginning
Old 08-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

OMG...Dandy Girl, these are the songs I remember the most. I can remember when I hung out at Shoney's in Charlotte outside where you could order from your car, the song I Wanna Hold Your Hand was the most popular.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

If you like singing folk songs, there is a folk song group that plays Monday nights at Lake Miona. I think they start at either 6:30 or 7:00. There is a large group of a variety of instruments - guitars, banjos, ukeleles, harmonica, etc., that play ,and people in the audience can sing along. They have sheet music books you can borrow for the night so you have the words in front of you. Its a lot of fun.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:08 AM
Location: natives of La Porte, IN, moved here from central IN to Santiago via Country Club Hills

The Villages Orchestra (formerly The Villages String Orchestra) is performing its Spring Concert on Friday, April 11th, 6 p.m. at New Covenant United Methodist Church. Come enjoy full orchestral arrangements conducted by Mr. Kenneth Hay and presented by your friends and neighbors, all Villages residents! A variety of selections from Classical and Opera, Pops and Musicals will be presented. Special guest vocalist will be Robbie Riddle. Reserved seating tickets will be available at the Villages Box Office on March 6th for $15 and $10 benefitting Wildwood Food Pantry and the Soup Kitchen.

Last edited by rmcpklinefelter; 02-12-2014 at 12:54 PM. Reason: spring '14 concert info

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.