Rock Band Seeks Bass Player

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2016, 09:21 AM
Default Rock Band Seeks Bass Player

Seven Sons Rock Band needs new Bass player.
(Original Bass player got too busy with wine, women and song at a standing gig.)

50s to 80s rock, R&B, country, British, US... you name it.

Complete audio system with 24 input mixer, Bose Live Sound L1 PA and 2 sub-woofers, mics, power...

We rehearse every Tuesday, Noon to 3:00pm.

More info and phone number at SevenSonsRock.com.
The Villages Florida
Old 05-29-2016, 07:52 AM

That sounds like a winner. Ya'll have tryouts? Just got a bass ( it's in these here boxes some where)Taking lessons playing about 3 weeks, Know lots a songs. I only know 3 chords.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:46 PM
Default Seven Sons Rock Band Seeks Bass Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBoy451 View Post
That sounds like a winner. Ya'll have tryouts? Just got a bass ( it's in these here boxes some where)Taking lessons playing about 3 weeks, Know lots a songs. I only know 3 chords.
Howdy, BamaBoy.

Thanks for the come-back, even if it confuses me. Coming from Alabama, you MUST have a bass or 6-string guitar, but "playing only 3 weeks" and knowing "lots of songs" doesn't compute.

"Knowing only 3 chords" puts you on par with some of the guys in The Villages who claim to be experienced musicians.

To answer your question, we don't "have tryouts" planned. The current members of our group have been playing for years, so if/when they would ever want to audition for a group, all they'd have to to is show up, plug in their gear and start playing.

Where are you taking lessons?
Old 05-31-2016, 07:35 AM

Well sometimes it takes a while to get to a puter. Mostly You -Tube lessons and such. I'm now confused as well. I thought it's all about three chords today. Speaking of par I got to go looking for golf clubs today. Thanks anyway for getting back to me.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:56 AM
Default 3 chords or more

Quote:
Well sometimes it takes a while to get to a puter. Mostly You -Tube lessons and such. I'm now confused as well. I thought it's all about three chords today. Speaking of par I got to go looking for golf clubs today. Thanks anyway for getting back to me.
Unless one is a touring, recording or teaching professional musician, the beauty of playing music is it's FUN. As a "professional," it's an entirely different life of pressure, practice, rehearsal, time obligations, equipment updating, new technologies, travel, not screwing up and not smelling bad.

In between undisciplined fun and the rigors of the road is the pure attainment of as much musical skill and performance fun as one seeks to attain... which takes instrumental discipline. So, the choice is there for each of us.

But, most likely, any musicians you find who get enjoyment and fun from performing the best they want and can are not going to be satisfied long with band-mates who know only three chords or, in drumming, just a simple straight 4/4 beat.

Visit some of the music clubs... you'll find 3-chord to hundred-chord players to jam with.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:11 PM

A bass guitar Player is a Lead guitar player that likes fat strings and can transition thru dozen of chords without you knowing . . . except for the feet lifting rhythm he surrounds you with all while keeping the best of drummers on the leading edge of the beat. When at a keyboard; that same bass player can be heard playing RUSH with his Organ foot-pedals. Hand him his electric Upright and he'll play ALL the string parts of the orchestra . . .. . just 3 octaves below. He knows all the chords! But mostly the chords between the chords. He never walks his dog but always walks his Bass up and down the fretless steps.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Ummm....bass players don't usually play chords. They may in some complex pieces play intervals and some really well trained experienced players may play some chords but generally, bass player play notes.

There are only 12 notes so it should be pretty easy to learn them.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
player, rock, bass, band, sevensonsrock.com

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.