America's Got Talent

Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2016, 09:30 AM

Reality shows are not reality. My opinion is that this was Simon's golden buzzer pick and just by coincidence (ahem), Simon also just happens to be the execitive producer of the show!!!
Old 09-16-2016, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrandell View Post
Yes, disappointed with the winning act. There were other more deserving acts and whose lives would have been drastically changed. grace appeared to be wearing a wig and her outfit designed to make her appear more child like. All too calculated for my liking.
Really? A wig? Isn't she just a child?
Old 09-16-2016, 01:20 PM

I think even the judges were disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 09-16-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erijo View Post
Very disappointed with results of the show this year. Contemplating not watching in the future. Grace is a very sweet girl, but definitely NOT a million dollar winner, all I could think of was Tiny Tim. In my humble opinion, Brian Justin Crum should have been the winner. Perhaps Simon should invest in a show just for young adults, Americas Got Talent, Children, Tweens and Teens edition, this would eliminate the competition between adults and children. I hope the tickets are free in Vegas for her show, I don't see anyone paying to see her.

Agreed he was my favorite.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:42 PM
Gold member

Yes, a wig. In the promo clip of Grace prior to the finale, she had longer hair tied up in a pony tail. The page boy style, did not appear to match the video clip and did not look natural. I'll be interested to see photos, post show. Look on her Face Book Page, her hair is longer and in pig tails, and some photos show it in curls.

Last edited by Boudicca; 09-16-2016 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-16-2016, 04:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
How many here voted? Our generation usually doesn't participate in any show that depends on popularity. Then, when it's over, we jump all over the decision that those that did vote made. We get what we vote for and in this case, shouldn't expect to get what we don't vote for. You want a different outcome then vote, if you don't participate don't complain. Wait, we are old and live in TV, that's what we do. Sorry....lol
I voted for only the second time for the finalist that has some talent - Jon Donerbos!
Old 09-16-2016, 06:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy View Post
Well, let's hear it !! I was so disappointed with the outcome of the show last nite.. I can't see this little girl headlining a Vegas act.. Anyone else have an opinion ??

Although the girl was good I could see the clairvoyants as a Vegas act!
Old 09-17-2016, 11:52 AM
Sage

People are using "logic" for something that defies "logic".

Young voters determine who is going to win via social media. They're not thinking about a 12 year old performing in Vegas.

Hence, the winner!!!

If AGT wanted to exercise control, they wouldn't let the public vote. They would also lose a lot of the younger viewers. Kind of a two edge sword.

Hopefully, the real talented people will find gigs in showbiz.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 09-19-2016, 12:38 PM
Veteran member

I wanted Sal or the Clairvoiants to win. I always voted. Each time voted just for the number of acts to go thru, but only ten votes each. So many other good acts fell off during the final weeks. At least "Tape Face" did nid not win.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrandell View Post
Yes, a wig. In the promo clip of Grace prior to the finale, she had longer hair tied up in a pony tail. The page boy style, did not appear to match the video clip and did not look natural. I'll be interested to see photos, post show. Look on her Face Book Page, her hair is longer and in pig tails, and some photos show it in curls.
A performer, fudging with her looks. I'm shocked!
Old 09-19-2016, 04:10 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian View Post
I wanted Sal or the Clairvoiants to win. I always voted. Each time voted just for the number of acts to go thru, but only ten votes each. So many other good acts fell off during the final weeks. At least "Tape Face" did nid not win.

So interesting how there are so many takes or opinions ... for me, I found the Clairvoyants to be a highly accomplished "one act" pony -- search on youtube for "how they did it" and you'll see very simple explanations of the various methods/ways that the info is communicated to the woman. Again, they are quite adept/trained in their method. But once you know the methods I find it gets tiring.

Sal I could listen to all day. However he reminds me of other highly talented singers and impersonators (ala Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, etc) one could see in Las Vegas or the Catskills or even at someone's wedding.

I thought TapeFace was hysterical -- a brand new Mr. Bean or even Charlie Chaplin type. He makes something out of nothing and I thoroughly enjoy the hilarious stupidity of his acts. I could watch him all day.

And Grace -- well we definitely are going to hear more from this 12 year old singer/songwriter who has the earthy maybe jarring tones of a Janis Joplin or Joan Baez with the relevancy of a Taylor Swift. Remember Madonna and Cyndi Lauper are old, Pink, Katy Perry, Lady GaGa and even Justin Bieber are aging. It's the 'tweens and teens who are buying music and making stars and Grace will find her place among the newcomers -- not for her spectacular singing but rather for the whole package.

I didn't vote -- probably like most of you -- but I'm a sucker for all things Opera ... so to each his own.
Closed Thread

Tags
girl, headlining, vegas, opinion, act

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.